2008 Blown motor

Yes the bottom is lined up also but I don't see how it wouldn't be because aren't they one in the sam so.if one mark is right so is the other because there's no way to set them separately I have reset the cams multiple times now but after the first try it has stayed the same and not been off like before it just refuses to crank I have even checked the gap on my plugs twice and it's where it should be per the gap gauge. The balancer on the bottom I did have a little problem installing that because it said to make 1.5-2 rotations before you torque it down but I wasn't able to her even 1 full rotation out of it in either way. Although Idk if that would cause it not to crank. I think that would just make it shake or the manual says make a clicking noise so I have no clue. But even with gas dumped straight into it I still can't get it to do anything except ignite the gas it doesn't try to crank at all.
Cams out can you turn the motor over?

as far as i know - no !

only the gen2 cyl.block with head´n foot- the gasket of the gen 1 fit !
I ended using all the gen 1 parts except the trans because everything I read said that was the only things besides the crank I could directly swap over into the first gen case I am using my 2nd gen head but everything I read told me that was OK also

So I read something about taking all my plugs and coils out and spinning it over to see if they all were sparking like their supposed to. Well idk what order or how they are supposed to spark off but it wouldn't matter because not 1 of them sparked except like the 3rd cylinder and it didn't spark at the plug it sparked at the cap and hit the valve cover....

So I read something about taking all my plugs and coils out and spinning it over to see if they all were sparking like their supposed to. Well idk what order or how they are supposed to spark off but it wouldn't matter because not 1 of them sparked except like the 3rd cylinder and it didn't spark at the plug it sparked at the cap and hit the valve cover....

That's good news.
As you obviously aren't getting power to any of them...which is Alot better than a bad engine.
There's hope for it yet...

I have degree'd some strange cam combo's
I ended up grinding all the lobes off a pitted intake cam
when I have issues with something hitting I put that cam in the intake side so I can determine which side is hitting
Interesting. . . Great way to determine the ‘hitting’ side… I’ve never degreed cams but understand how it’s done.
I’ve removed cam bearings to replace them and pressed the bearings and sprockets back on to the cams after marking them PRIOR to removing the sprockets, but that’s as far as I’ve gone.

Here’s a tip.. ground the plugs by using a wire with alligator clips both ends of the wire… it will eliminate the ground arcing issue.

I ended using all the gen 1 parts except the trans because everything I read said that was the only things besides the crank I could directly swap over into the first gen case I am using my 2nd gen head but everything I read told me that was OK also
I thought the gen 2 head had the cam sensor in a different spot. am I incorrect?

Now that I set the cams again I'm not getting spark. At least I've tried to.cra l it at least 100x and it's staying set in time where it's supposed to be but now no spark....I'm over it and the head cam sensor I have no clue if their diff locations or not mine is on top of the valve cover

I'm done with this bike I still haven't got it to actually run and I can't find a running motor I can afford so I guess I'm going to part it out and cry myself to sleep..smh,I didn't have her long but I love this bike I guess it just wasn't meant to be :(

Now that I set the cams again I'm not getting spark. At least I've tried to.cra l it at least 100x and it's staying set in time where it's supposed to be but now no spark....I'm over it and the head cam sensor I have no clue if their diff locations or not mine is on top of the valve cover
pic?

Back