2024 Pashnit Touring on a Hayabusa

DSC04934.jpg

DSC04939.jpg

low clouds above the ridge, waiting to get rained on

DSC04942.jpg

…”still not raining”

I’ve ridden up the coast hiway some days when it was very cloudy and expecting rain all day and it never came. Was sorta like riding thru a misty cloud.

So green this time of year!

DSC04954.jpg

…”still not raining”

I’ve ridden up the coast hiway some days when it was very cloudy and expecting rain all day and it never came. Was sorta like riding thru a misty cloud.

It was coming. :laugh:
Checked the satellite & realized I was headed straight into this on the north side of Porterville, I'm headed due north into the dark stuff.
Had to stop, don the rain suit & rig for a couple hours of rain riding. This also meant staying at a lower elevation in the Central Valley.

Rain here in this part of California is all a function of elevation. Go up, get rained on. Go down, less chance of rain.

DSC04955.jpg

Popped out the other side of the front a few hours later to blue skies and my favorite local non-working nuclear power plant, Rancho Seco

DSC04957.jpg

Last edited:
No nuclear power being produced

DSC04958.jpg

But a massive solar farm surrounds the two cooling towers

DSC04960.jpg

DSC04961.jpg

Last edited:
DSC04962.jpg

Overall, pleased with my new ZG Sport-touring windscreen

DSC04963(2).jpg

Sierra Nevada Foothills ahead, but I can also see rain curtains over yonder

DSC04965.jpg

Last edited:
Forest Home Rd will get the front tire off the ground if the speed is right. ;) Pretty knarly whoops

DSC04968.jpg

Headed for home base over there in the foothills

DSC04969.jpg

Don't rain on me

DSC04971.jpg

Awesome ride as always in the Southern Sierra Nevada Foothills, one of my favorites, we'll do this tour again in Spring 2025.

Did you hear? The Sierras got over two feet of snow the other night. Highest single day’s snow cover. That’s bound to lengthen the opening of 89 up by Lassen, 108, 4 and especially 120 for at least a couple more weeks into June. I (was) hoping for late May but now… :confused: Other than snow melt corners it’s soooo nice riding over on opening day.

IMG_0531.png

Forest Home Rd will get the front tire off the ground if the speed is right. ;) Pretty knarly whoops

View attachment 1682818

Headed for home base over there in the foothills

View attachment 1682819

Don't rain on me

View attachment 1682820

Awesome ride as always in the Southern Sierra Nevada Foothills, one of my favorites, we'll do this tour again in Spring 2025.

Holy crap, a person would get good air over those whoops.......

Did you hear? The Sierras got over two feet of snow the other night. Highest single day’s snow cover. That’s bound to lengthen the opening of 89 up by Lassen, 108, 4 and especially 120 for at least a couple more weeks into June. I (was) hoping for late May but now… :confused: Other than snow melt corners it’s soooo nice riding over on opening day.

View attachment 1682821

That is crazy. Been a really strange spring in Northern California, but i'll take it. Tons of snow, all our reservoirs are full & temps are cool.
Two years of this in a row is super awesome. We did our latest motorcycle tour last weekend and got caught up in the rain.

Yours truly on Sonora Pass, June 2024. Most snow I've ever seen up here in June.
DSC06611P2.JPG

Back