Anyone ever use Direct Buy?

bigjohn141

Donating Member
Registered
I just got a new house that needs a little updating and I see commercials all the time for Direct Buy. They claim that you can save thousands and get stuff for like 50% off regular price. I firgured someone on the board might have used them before and could give me a little insite on this.

DirectBuy.com

Had a Good friend deal with them, I believe there are some up front fees, But he did SAVE alot of money pricing things out. He spent about $65k I think he saved and 20k to 25k. I know they ONLY sent to your home, So if you have a friend that wants something to save some money it goes to your addess. Hope that helps.
Friend is Located in Long Island NY.

Wow I am glad I did a little research. I guess it is really just a high pressure sales pitch and basically a rip off. Check out this link and all the bad things people are saying. Check out the last page and it even has a former employee talking trash on them.

DIRECT BUY SCAM

Well, my wife saw their ad on TV so she makes an appointment for a visit and drags me along. After a 1 hours "sales pitch" here's the story: Membership fee for the first 3 years is $4,500 total. For the next 7 years it's $200 per year or $1,400 total. So, for a 10 year membership it's a total of $5,900 or $590 per year. The catch is you have to make up your mind to join THAT DAY. If not, they won't let you come back to join later. I just don't like that kind of pressure. As far as I'm concerned, there are pluses and minuses to this type of buying. I guess you have to decide for yourself.

Back