Bears in the hood!

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
One or more (only one caught on neighbor’s camera) came thru the neighborhood last night turning over garbage cans and rooting around. My can is between my back/side door and my shed. It was turned over and trash was strewn around. For some reason he liked a full vacuum cleaner bag and carried it 50’ or so past the covered bikes I have under the carport after cleaning them and my car to the front edge of my driveway where he tore it apart. The bag was MIA but the carpet dust was all over. Maybe I’ll stay up late tonite.

We have crows here and they are smart...

I was putting out the trash the other morning and I saw my neighbor's can move (he didn't have a lid on it) and when I looked I saw a crow stick his head out of the bag, look around and then duck back in......

I had to laugh seeing that....

Our ‘crows’ around here must be Ravens cause they’re huge, big as sea gulls. They look like a pretty formidable bird as in, probably unafraid of other birds. Very long pointy beak and over a foot high walking around.
That sounds like a raven to me...

We have them as well but crows are far more plentiful.....once in a while a raven will fly over to rile them all up and to initiate a chase...

I read somewhere they do that in order to amuse themselves....

I have Bears in my yard everyday .

Sort of a problem these days for some .

Me not so much .

IMG_3398.jpeg

Bears and other such wildlife have become such an issue in some areas that residents have been advised to not put out birdfeeders or any sort of feed..

A huge fine comes with not complying with this.......

I told the wife that they must be outlawing garbage day as this is the biggest feeder we can put out each week....

The issue as I see it is humans are encroaching on the animals habitats....not the other way around.

Our ‘crows’ around here must be Ravens cause they’re huge, big as sea gulls. They look like a pretty formidable bird as in, probably unafraid of other birds. Very long pointy beak and over a foot high walking around.

That sounds like ravens but size can be deceiving and field marks are best for distinct identification. This is easiest to see in flight: The raven's tail is a spade, with the middle feathers being longer, while the crow's tail is straight across. The raven may have long neck feathers sticking out like a scraggly beard. If they call out, the crow has that well-known "caw" but the ravens have a low-end "croak", sounding more subtle.

Back