BEST AT WHAT THEY ARE MADE FOR ????

turb06LE240

Registered
Hey guys,
I have ridden my share of bikes, being in a pretty large group of riders in a small area. I have test rode a lor of machines.
Point I am trying to make here is this-
theres a lot of posts about twisties and top speeds, and stunting, and this is a well debated subject between me and my fellow riders, so I figured I would share my oppinions...
Keep in mind I ride with a lot of high budget {if any} guys so one thing not considered in this post is price....

First for the stunters, the first time I ever drove My cousins BMW F800 I was hooked, the bike loved to be at 12 O Clock, on either wheel {front or back}, it isnt violoently fast orgreat in the twisties, but this thing will make anyone look like a Stunt genious!!! If you get a chance to ride one, dont pass it up, they are a bag of fun...
BUT< I recently drove a Super Duke {KTM}, while I was in Florida and I am sorry to say the BMW isfar behind this new bike, there is no better Machine to stunt then the new KTM, hands down effortless trick machine, makes the BMW {which makes the R1's and Gixxer1K's look intermediate} Look Silly... So for the stunter Class its the KTM Super DUKE---

Next is the twisties...
I am going to have to say that the best of the best in the turns is the ZX-6r, My buddies 6r has aa few little mods and this thing is untouchablethrough the corners, I love it, its little, nimble light and fun to toss around, Out of everything I ever rode best in corners... And keep in mind it takes some skill to ide New ENgland corners, they arent very sharp, but the constant strip bumps and random pot holes keep you on your game....

Ok Now for the Speed, I love my Busa and always will, I wasnt at all impressed with the zx14, and I have owned a couple of 12r's but the Busa has my heart, But sadly its not the fastest bike I ever drove - This one goes to the Augusta F4, there is nothing in stock form this ready to GO, I have driven the new Duck 1098, the GSxR 1K {07 very nice} but the MV F4 has them all beat, it got me up around 180 so fast my ers popped and my stomach hurt for a few minutes, A very good freind of mine just took delivery of his, and I was the 2nd person to drive it, and there is no bike on the market as impressive as this... It corners 1K% better than a Busa, and has a bunch of sack to go with it.. But th Busa does feel a little torqueyer {I know that not a word}, and that will be better for heavy riders or 2 up riding, and the Busa is a little more comfortable but, I am going to have to say this bike feels faster from 0-150 than the busa...

But as for best all around bike --The Busa wins, I can wheelie my stock wheel base busa for a few miles, endos are not long but interesting, Cornering {with a GPR, vortech rr sets, and some Pirelli Super Corsa's is fast and sticky, We all know where it stands with speed, and as far as looks go the Busa is the best looking sport bike made since the start....

So I hope this was a fun read for ya's, add your oppinions, and Im su if theres a bike I havent rode, I can find oone to sit on....

Thanks for sharing, good stuff! "Best all around" is why I bought my busa.

I did get to try a buddies 06 GSXR600 last week, and I must say, when turning it just LOCKS into the lean and feels very planeted. WAY different than my busa's more generical feeling when turning - like it will turn, or not, whatever I want. I've seenan AUG F4 for at the road course track I go to... sadly, the owner lack the interest of putting it on the track. Nice bike. And darn well ought to be for the price
biggrin.gif

My Buddy paid a litle under 25K for his after all was said and done.
But hes happy with it so they must be doing something rite...
I am actually taking his bike for next weekend {weather pending}. Help him break it in the rite way.... I cant wait..
I would take the Turbo Busa, but still dont got all the bugs worked out.... Its gonna take a few dozen short rides before I leave the state with her....

Back