Brock's vs Soupy's Lowering Links

DougE

Registered
What are the thoughts on Brock's vs Soupy's lowering links? Is the price difference worth it?

Brock’s PerformanceSoupy’s Performance
Price​
$199.00
$127.00​
Adjustability-1.00” to -3.5”Stock to -4.00”
Weight9 OzN/A
Thread “Window”YesNo

Has anyone used these lowering kits?

I can't comment on the lowering links, other than I have always heard good things about Soupys links.

I also have not used that brand of riser, but I Have personally used the same kind on my gen2.
I had them at 1.5" tall with no problems, then had them cut in half(lathe for a clean flat surface) to .75" (because I added Helibars then), and I never had any issues at all.
My only concern would be the quality of the bolts. I would personally replace them with some Grade 8's from a hardware store.
Just for confidence and safety, knowing they won't break.

I can't comment on the lowering links, other than I have always heard good things about Soupys links.

I also have not used that brand of riser, but I Have personally used the same kind on my gen2.
I had them at 1.5" tall with no problems, then had them cut in half(lathe for a clean flat surface) to .75" (because I added Helibars then), and I never had any issues at all.
My only concern would be the quality of the bolts. I would personally replace them with some Grade 8's from a hardware store.
Just for confidence and safety, knowing they won't break.
I see Soupy's a lot on here so i figured they'd be good on quality. The riser seems like a good way to save some money and avoid replacing the top triple tree cover.

What would you personally go for? The risers or get a triple tree cover that clears the forks?

I see Soupy's a lot on here so i figured they'd be good on quality. The riser seems like a good way to save some money and avoid replacing the top triple tree cover.

What would you personally go for? The risers or get a triple tree cover that clears the forks?

I'm all for saving money, so at $100 cheaper than the entire riser plate, I would try those to see if you like them.
But, it depends on if you like the looks or not.
As far as strength, with spacers on 4 bolts, vs the whole spacer to support the cast top plate, I never had a problem.
I also rode countless wheelies on my gen2, and even though I can set them down easily, if anything would stress the top plate, as in putting the pressure over 4 small places, vs the whole thing, that would.
So I think that it just comes down to looks and price.

Back