Finally, most of my mods are done

gararnett

Registered
Well, I've added hard luggage, an aluminum chain guard and superpole pegs to my Busa. And Finally I've finished swapping out the stock exhaust for the D&D 4-2 system I got off e-bay a few months ago. Very nice system, great sound(mmmmmmmm.....drool). I also ditched the pair valve and used reapers pair valve block off plate kit. MY HIGHEST COMPLIMENTS TO REAPER!!! Awesome little kit for the job. I know its a simple little thing, but, it does the job great and the instructions he gives are perfect!

Now I need to test out the bike with the pipe - hopefully tomorrow - and plan how I'm gonna modify the fuel map. Any suggestions? I really want to re-map without using a PC/yosh box/etc. But how good? I'm not racin' it so I'm not concerned about doing multilpe cahnges or add-ons.

Gar

Gar, sounds like your getting that busa fixed up for some touring, maybe this year I'll get a chance to follow you and listen to those D&D's. Love the way they sound. Those pegs also should help, I do occasionally get cramps on mine. When I saw those new bags on your bike, I thought now that would make a fantastic "moonshine runner", but no he wouldn't do that, would he? hehe Really I would say they would be great on a trip, even if to just lock up your gear. Also removed the pair valve, looks alot better under there without the clutter. I remapped with pc2, without any problems. How did the ride with new pipe go?

Those pegs also should help, I do occasionally get cramps on mine.
wow. for a long time, I thought it was just me...
mad.gif

I got a cramp once in my right hip... while on the freeway... thought I was gonna have to jump off that sombitch. skaaaaarrryyy!!!!!

Cache, oddly enough my right hip was what cramped on me, only happened twice in over 6K of riding. Was able to straighten my leg out and get over it but it did worry me. I seem to have plenty of leg room on the bike, not sure if it is the leaning forward or the leg room. Never had it happen on long ride, just knocking around close to home.

Gar,
What brand hard luggage did you put on your bike? does it fit well and look ok, any pics.? I was thinking about getting some myself, but I would want it to be removable with out to much hassle.

40__s.gif

I agree that D&D's sound awesome. I just got mine on today. I still have some stuff to do to mine. I have everything on order, just waiting to do all of it over the weekend. I ordered the new undertail/hugger, new indiglo gauges, 4" extended swing arm, 16 tooth front sprocket, and the yellow box. I still have to order the K&N filter, and the pcIII, and make the air box mods. Will keep you guys updated.

Gararnett, what are your touring plans for the Summer?

Thinker
I have no MAJOR TOURING plans for this year...BUT:

1. Ky Bourbon Trail Ride; a ride I'm setting up on another board for Memorial Day Weekend in central Ky. All are welcome.

2. I will do Deal's Gap this year. I've said this for too long. I WILL do it in 2003.

3. I will attempt the Iron Butt Assn. Saddle Sore 1000 ride this year. Something I have put off for way too long.

4. I am road-racing again this year in AHRMA. I got 6th overall in Production Singles last year. This year I'm going to more races and also going to add either the Historic Production Heavyweight or Sportsman Heavyweight class. This will take up 1 complete weekend every month from June through Oct., with 2 dates in Oct.

June is booked solid with one race weekend and the rest family. July is also booked with family, race, and my boss is off last week of July/1st 2 weeks of August every year for his vacation. Gotta squeeze the Family vac. in there too!

Man, I'm gonna be busy this year.

Gar,
What brand hard luggage did you put on your bike? does it fit well and look ok, any pics.? I was thinking about getting some myself, but I would want it to be removable with out to much hassle.

40__s.gif
I got Krausers from Riderhaus.com - side racks and K-5 cases (the big ones).

How's that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus those things are huge! I think that is bigger then my luggage I carry on the plane. Where are you going with those?

Back