Hardware Kits

jcornwell101

Registered
Where can I find a fairing hardware kit that holds up pretty well.
The previous owner used one with black screws that are all rusting.

Also has anyone tried Arashi rear sets? Because my bike took a spill before I owned it and it has 2 different rider pegs on. One is OEM and one looks like OEM but its missing the feeler thing that scrapes the ground.

I just wanted to get rear sets maybe so they look the same.

On my VFR I had to replace the front rotors due to one being warped. I installed arashi wave rotors that looked just like Galfer and they were flawless. I ran those on my bike probably from 2010 till 2019 or so without issues.

ebay and amazon are full of fairing hardware kits in all different colors....

You can go crazy and look for aluminum and Ti kits but they aren't inexpensive for the little gain you get,

A few on here have used those rear sets with good results.

Arashi products are proven to be good quality parts with the QC at a high level, never heard a bad word about them.
Fairing (non rusting) hardware kits are readily available quite cheaply too, try Amazon, Fleabay or Chinese sites like AliExpress etc.
You can just remove the foot peg scraper rather than replacing the rear sets, a lot cheaper lol

screws 4 the fairings etc.

really ALL screws (anodized in all possible colors) that you can buy on eBay & co are absolute crap/scrap .

i personally would never install them.

the reason :
as a rule, they do NOT have this thickening under the head, like the original ones, which means that the plastic or the factory-preformed hole in the fairing is never guided as precisely and is then very likely to be out of round/rubbed out.
this makes it very difficult to get the gaps and its dimensions correct in the long run, which then looks damn shitty .

in my opinion, what alone could help against this crap , would be sleeves/spacers/small pieces of pipe that have the exact length and outside diameter of the original thickening plus an inside diameter of the screw/outside thread.

anything else would be a complete botch !

Last edited:
A lot of us know Probolt offer bodywork fastener kits for a lot of bikes in aluminum or titanium , but only supply black plastic tube sections to substitute for the collared bodywork fasteners . They use to actually supply proper aluminum threaded collars to allow replication of the stock factory stepped dual diameter bodywork bolt . If you look under workshop listing on their site , you can still find these aluminum threaded collars . I use these to make proper replacement lightweight bodywork fasteners that fit exactly as factory bolts . A link to an example of tub , but are also available single piece . Aluminium Assorted Collar Tub 200 Piece Unanodised (PBTUBCOLLARU)

A lot of us know Probolt offer bodywork fastener kits for a lot of bikes in aluminum or titanium , but only supply black plastic tube sections to substitute for the collared bodywork fasteners . They use to actually supply proper aluminum threaded collars to allow replication of the stock factory stepped dual diameter bodywork bolt . If you look under workshop listing on their site , you can still find these aluminum threaded collars . I use these to make proper replacement lightweight bodywork fasteners that fit exactly as factory bolts . A link to an example of tub , but are also available single piece . Aluminium Assorted Collar Tub 200 Piece Unanodised (PBTUBCOLLARU)
$138.18 plus shippings ?

what a nonsense - calculate how much fuel u can buy for that amount of senseless payed money !

Back