How much fuel do you add on the

1313R

Registered
It's been a while but I back. The good news is I still Have plenty of questions. For instance, how much feul do I need to add to run a 60 dry shot? I'm fogging it into the left ram air duct. I have removed the flapper valve in the air box, but left the other stuff on. Not quite a full air box mod. Any suggs?

if your gonna wing it, be careful, but my partner said add half per hp gain.. ie: if your adding 40, add 20 on the map.

How do you do that? Hooked to the lap top or just pushing the buttons? Been runnig a 40 shot for a year and I usually add two bars. The only thing is it runs like crap unless I'm spraying it and it usually fouls out my plugs.

i meant add it in the map database using the powercommander software on your computer.

I dont use the bars and buttons on the box.

I hope you are using a window switch or something to that effect.... make sure you set it up for 100%throttle with the controller and with the pcmdr.

Okay looked at my map. At what rpms do the changes need to be? If I add 20 and the bar at that rpm says-4 move it to 16? Could you show me an example?

no I cant show you an example since I run a N/A bike....

not knowing what your nos setup is.... here is an example.
8000 rpm to 11000 rpm window switch at 100% throttle for nos to come on...
in the pwrcmdr software, add 20 for a 40 shot in the same window area... 100% throttle, 8k rpm to 11k rpm.

does that make sense for you? how are you controlling your nos?

I have it set up on a wide open throttle microswitch on the throttle body. I also have a schnitz two dial progressive controller. Starts at 20 percent to 100percent timed out at 2.5 seconds. When I go to run the spray I add two bars on the high and one in the mid using the buttons. My map is a Johnny Cheese base map for a 4 into 1 exhaust which was dead on on the dyno. The spray came later and it hasn't seen a dyno since.

here is an issue....

if you can not change maps on your bike often, its a dice roll, cuz you dont want to be running a rich map all the time, and you can't afford to run the lean map when you want to hit the nos.

if you CAN change the map easily(with your computer or a palm pilot), then I suggest using JC's map, adding 20 to the 100% blocks from 7k to 11k. Save that map with a DIFFERENT name so you dont override jc's map.... ie: nosmap etc...

then if you know your gonna go kick some ass on the street or strip, load the nos map.....   when your done, load the normal jc map.

I hope this made sense......  
cool.gif

I have another question. My bike has a 6inch stretch 15 tooth up front 40 out back muzzy full exhaust pcIIIr and a 40 shot which we know isn't mapped correctly. My 1/8th mile times without the spray are 640's but with the spay are only 6.30s. my best 1/4 mile with the spray is as follows,
60ft- 1.565
330ft-4.153
1/8th-6.30
mph-113.69
1000ft-8.142
1/4-9.696
mph-144.69
Shouldn't I be much faster than .1th in the 1/8 and 3.ths in the 1/4?

<!--EDIT|1313R
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117539871 -->

Yes it helps. That's what I'm trying to do but being almost computer illiterate is causing some problems. I appreciate your patience.

first off....... against my better judgement to say this, but get rid of the 15t countershaft sprocket.... it bends the chain too tight.. self explanitory.
I am running 16t front, 42t back, hit 5th gear before the 1000'.

your increments are only going to be dependent on:
1) your consistency
2) your traction
3) the weather
last but not least what you are asking... 4) when does your nitrous come on?

not many streetbikes have the nitrous hitting until 2nd gear, so not as much difference at the 1/8 other than a lil' faster, and a few mph better.

Nitrous comes on when I leave. As soon as the throttle is twisted to the stop it's on and builds to full power during the first 2.5 seconds under full throttle. My 60fts are always 1.50 something. The progressive contrroller lets me spray first gear although it's only like a5 to8 hp hit and climbs quickly to 40. I just don't feel like something is right. I should be running 6.20 on motor with a solid 1.50 60ft right?

typically, yes. you should on motor, but there are variables to keep you back.

but lets use yesterday for example... 1.554 60', was 6.061 at the 1/8 with 118.56mph. great air, superb traction, etc.. just a lil' ol' stock motor. finished at 145mph in the 1/4.

you were at 144, so its normal power, maybe somethin else is up.
hard to say without watching/riding/comparing....

Thanks again. I believe I'll take her back to the dyno since that was about 10,000 miles ago....really.

Back