Missing 2nd gear...

BowDown

Registered
It's happened to me about 4 times now in 1100 miles. If I hold first gear for a bit, then rev up to 6->7k, go to shift into 2nd (prbly not as firm as I should be) it will pop into neutral, then not want to go into 1st or 2nd. What gives? Each time it happens it's just like that.

The last 2 times it happened I would slow down, give the bike a quick rev and force it back into 1st gear. Then it will be back to normal.

Anyone else experience this?

crazy.gif

I did when I first got mine....I was told to shift like I mean it. Have had no problems since.

Might adjust your lever down a bit..... shift like you mean it. Repeated misses could cause damage.

Did you do your first oil change? It helps but you gotta do the shifting. Mean it.

I'm almost 19K in and I still do it. Got to shift like you mean it going to second and sixth. I'm surprised you haven't hit the false neutral between 5th and 6th.

I agree with everyone else. Shift hard. You can also flip your shifter so you push down to up shift. It makes it really hard to miss a shift.

(dadofthree @ Jul. 30 2007,16:45) I'm almost 19K in and I still do it. Got to shift like you mean it going to second and sixth. I'm surprised you haven't hit the false neutral between 5th and 6th.
I have yet to put it into 6th.
all_coholic.gif

I normally cruise between 60 -> 80 in 4th. I rarely put it into 5th, let alone 6th.

Back