Neighbor's Dogs Barking all Day!! Grrrrrrrrr!!

Kiwi Rider

Registered
I'm probably not alone here, when I say I have a pair of pitbull dogs next door that guard their property fiercely from anyone that would dare to walk past and bark loudly, ferociously and continuously until the perceived threat is long gone.
Yep, what to do?? How to solve the problem?
I looked online and found a youtube clip that has 5 hours of high frequency 'whistling' that is audible to dogs and not people.
The comments on the vid were very positive and all had had success with dogs that were p*ssing off their neighbors, one guy said he had murderous thoughts towards the neighbor's dog, but the whistle quietened him down so he didn't have to go thru with his plan. Success!
So yeah, tomorrow I'm going to set up a speaker and blast these two menaces to pieces with ultra high frequency noise at high volume!!
I'll let y'all know how it works out, if they bleed from the ears, I'll just have to turn the volume down a bit I guess . . lol.

Anyone else had this annoying problem?
If so, how did you deal with it?

Unfortunately, speakers are only built to a human hearing specification. Generally to roughly 20 kHz for the high, highs. Dogs (depending on breed) can hear upwards of 45 kHz. You'd need specialized speakers capable of reaching that frequency. Otherwise we wouldn't need to demodulate the signal from the carrier frequency if we could simply hear it. We have to downcovert it once demodulated to an audible acoustic frequency for humans to hear it from the radio speaker. Audio output transformers are generally only capable of around 30Hz to 20 kHz for Hi Fidelity sound at best. You should check the legalities of it in your country first.
I believe there's already off the shelf products available that are mains powered which repel rodents and insects. You'd need to check the specifications of its frequency.

I'm probably not alone here, when I say I have a pair of pitbull dogs next door that guard their property fiercely from anyone that would dare to walk past and bark loudly, ferociously and continuously until the perceived threat is long gone.
I looked online and found a youtube clip that has 5 hours of high frequency 'whistling' that is audible to dogs and not people.
The comments on the vid were very positive and all had had success with dogs that were p*ssing off their neighbors, one guy said he had murderous thoughts towards the neighbor's dog, but the whistle quietened him down so he didn't have to go thru with his plan. Success!
So yeah, tomorrow I'm going to set up a speaker and blast these two menaces to pieces with ultra high frequency noise at high volume!!
I'll let y'all know how it works out, if they bleed from the ears, I'll just have to turn the volume down a bit I guess . . lol.

Do you not have bylaw officers?

There must be some sort of noise bylaw they are breaking?

If this was happening here to me and my neighbors weren't doing anything about it after I spoke to them, I can call a by law enforcement officer who will ticket them and if they keep persisting making noise, it can escalate to court....there a video and audio of the barking can come into play.
Baring all that, moving to a more remote location devoid of neighbors is always the best bet.

Scooter Dog Driving GIF

not dogs *

Do you not have bylaw officers?

There must be some sort of noise bylaw they are breaking?

If this was happening here to me and my neighbors weren't doing anything about it after I spoke to them, I can call a by law enforcement officer who will ticket them and if they keep persisting making noise, it can escalate to court....there a video and audio of the barking can come into play.
Baring all that, moving to a more remote location devoid of neighbors is always the best bet.
Hate to hear about that. Over here there is a noise ordinance for any noise to include barking. You "can" call the law but chances are, it will take a few hours for them to respond and by then the dogs have stopped. They may talk to the owners or not.

Unfortunately, speakers are only built to a human hearing specification. Generally to roughly 20 kHz for the high, highs. Dogs (depending on breed) can hear upwards of 45 kHz. You'd need specialized speakers capable of reaching that frequency. Otherwise we wouldn't need to demodulate the signal from the carrier frequency if we could simply hear it. We have to downcovert it once demodulated to an audible acoustic frequency for humans to hear it from the radio speaker. Audio output transformers are generally only capable of around 30Hz to 20 kHz for Hi Fidelity sound at best. You should check the legalities of it in your country first.
I believe there's already off the shelf products available that are mains powered which repel rodents and insects. You'd need to check the specifications of its frequency.
My mother in law can yell upwards of 45kHz, when I say the wrong thing. Good thing about it is only my dogs can hear her. :p

You an audiophile ?

I have some real heavy stuff, but with my hearing these days the investment is a bit wasted.

My brother had this issue, with neighbors who did not care. After asking nicely a number of times, with no response, he put up a microphone and two big speakers. When the dogs stopped barking, he would play back the bark and repeat for a while. The results were bark collars for the dogs and a neighbor who no longer speaks to him. He is happy.

There is a broadcast in the uk tv called 'Dogs behaving (very) badly' to teach people that they are themselves responsible for their dog's behavior and that it takes only some bold decisions to consistently follow training suggestions with quick and extermely impressive results. Naturally the moderator is a dog trainer professional seeking customers, but the lessons are very worthy. Especially owners putting up with repeat abuses of their dog inside their homes, are astonished to discover that there is another life from the one they have to suffer.
Now, when legislation provides, in densely populated areas, chances are that repeat complaints may have a very painful consequence for the owners, like claiming violation of animal welfare regulations.

Listen folks, there is a cruel method, if you're ready to apply: purchase a supersonic device with some DIY to trigger it once the dog is barking. It will MASSACRE the dog's nervous system, because these deterrent devices do emit a deafening sound, altogether unheard by humans. The dog, if exposed long enough will fall sick and eventually depart. But the real trouble are the owners, so, perhaps you replace the supersonic device with a strong laser one... :devil:

Yesterday on the telly, a young lady not having left her home three years long (to travel, to meet with family etc): her dog panicked once stepping in on a bus or train, and barked with an ear piercing noise. The trainer devised some therapy (instructions to convince the dog nothing to worry) and the young lady had her life back!

Back