new world record...

BusaCruise

speachless
Donating Member
Registered
there were some races in Gainesville, FL Sunday ....finals of some sort I suppose (I passed on going to due to family stuff) ....but one of the fellows called to give an update.....
I think it was a busa (top fuel perhaps
rock.gif
)
anyways....the fellow ran a 5.80 @ 239MPH (yes that's a 1/4 mile run.
wow.gif

There was more to the story...and when links to the info are found...we'll puttem here.

he made the comment that watching people run 7~8 second passes seemed "slow" after that....nearly painful.

In the meantime....this is one of those things that make you go "hmmm".

wink.gif

and to think I thought a 9.42 @143 was doing well......hahahahaa

I am not that familiar with the classes and in what divisio this run was made...but i did read that McBride made a 5.80 pass @145 back in May of this year...so who knows....if you have a ride that does better than 8.00 ....it just a matter of "point and hang on!" lol

also looks like it might have been a kawi .....being green and all muzzyifed..
wink.gif

this pic is from Atco.

tf_555.gif

Alright.. I thought that V-Rods were supposed to be the fastest most powerful bikes.. Hahahaha..

(BusaCruise @ Nov. 06 2006,01:19) I am not that familiar with the classes and in what divisio this run was made...but i did read that McBride made a 5.80 pass @145 back in May of this year...so who knows....if you have a ride that does better than 8.00 ....it just a matter of "point and hang on!"   lol

also looks like it might have been a kawi .....being green and all muzzyifed..  
wink.gif

this pic is from Atco.

tf_555.gif
Larry McBride races Top Fuel. The bike in your pic is a Kaw as much as John Force's car is a Mustang. Having seen this class in person, let me assure you it's not point and hang on. McBride has the nickname "Spiderman" because he climbs all over the bike to keep it straight.
Awesome spectacle, if you get a chance, go see it.

..and we all know what happens at the end of those clips!
SHOCKED.gif

That is some serious speed addiction right there.. I tell you what!
bowdown.gif

(BusaCruise @ Nov. 05 2006,23:42) there were some races in Gainesville, FL Sunday ....finals of some sort I suppose (I passed on going to due to family stuff) ....but one of the fellows called to give an update.....
I think it was a busa (top fuel perhaps
rock.gif
)
anyways....the fellow ran a 5.80 @ 239MPH (yes that's a 1/4 mile run.  
wow.gif

There was more to the story...and when links to the info are found...we'll puttem here.

he made the comment that watching people run 7~8 second passes seemed "slow" after that....nearly painful.

In the meantime....this is one of those things that make you go "hmmm".

wink.gif
AMA/ProStar finals. The bike you are talking about is a Top Fuel bike, not a Busa........
Here's a link to the results.

(Mr Brown @ Nov. 06 2006,10:24) Larry McBride races Top Fuel. The bike in your pic is a Kaw as much as John Force's car is a Mustang. Having seen this class in person, let me assure you it's not point and hang on. McBride has the nickname "Spiderman" because he climbs all over the bike to keep it straight.
Awesome spectacle, if you get a chance, go see it.
I've seen Larry McBride for the last two summers and it is truly something to see in person! My kids were in awe...
biggrin.gif
I think he was running 242 in 5.4 seconds? Somewhere in that range; whatever it was, it was insane!
race.gif
race.gif

race.gif

thanks for the link...sorry for the typos....(145 should have been 2xx...).

and yes spidey is something....First time I saw him was when he bounced off the wall at Gainesville in the early 90s.

Here's a link to a video of McBride and Korry Hogan racing. Hogan is getting shocked from a grounded plug and jumps off the bike at the end. The vid is in slow motion......
Hogan just started working at 2Wheel Tuner recently, hopefully their coverage of bike drag racing will grow....

Ya know..that just looked plain painfull. I mean heck, he was already slowing down. I know that the coils put out alot of spark, but dayum, it ain't worth jumpin' off at 140+ mph!
SHOCKED.gif

Back