So heres a new one; Anyone had their clutch lever get soft?

SS4Luck

Registered
So, probably the only part of my bike that is stock is my clutch master. IVe tried ordering a Brembo for it multiple times and they always end up out of stock or back ordered and I gave up.

A few weeks ago taking my bike off the stand, the kickstand folded and the bike leaned over into my workbench. Id didn't hit hard (plastics were off) but the bar was the point of impact. IT didn't hit hard enough to crack/brake my carbon clip on, but it may have tweaked my brake lever a little (I'm still not sure). After that i noticed the lever was full soft, I pumped the lever a few times, cracked the bleeder, had fluid directly at the bleeder. repeated the process two or there times, everything felt fine.

Last night when I was putting my new shock on i noticed when i pulled the clutch in that the first half of the pull felt hollow? and then felt normal. I could hear clutch things moving inside the cases, but with the bike in gear clutch pulled in the tire didn't really want to rotate by hand, but it rolled on the ground just fine. I went out tonight to go make some test hits on the new tune I put in my ecu, and clutch has no resistance all the way to the bar end. no sound of clutch movement. nothing. The reservoir was a little low, and the bike had been on a front only race stand so I'm hoping i just pushed the lever when somehow the opening in the reservoir was in free air and i need to rebleed my clutch line.

- in gear clutch pulled all the way in, how freely should the rear wheel spin? I can honestly say that Ive never paid attention to it
- anyone else ever had problems with he clutch master like the brake master?
- anyone got a clutch master they've replaced they wanna sell me? Or even better a brembo RCS 16 they want to sell me? lol

Man i was so excited I was gonna go full Ricky Bobby tonight with the GPS lololol

have u tried taking the lever off and inspecting the area where the little brass barrel goes. check for slop?

So, probably the only part of my bike that is stock is my clutch master. IVe tried ordering a Brembo for it multiple times and they always end up out of stock or back ordered and I gave up.

A few weeks ago taking my bike off the stand, the kickstand folded and the bike leaned over into my workbench. Id didn't hit hard (plastics were off) but the bar was the point of impact. IT didn't hit hard enough to crack/brake my carbon clip on, but it may have tweaked my brake lever a little (I'm still not sure). After that i noticed the lever was full soft, I pumped the lever a few times, cracked the bleeder, had fluid directly at the bleeder. repeated the process two or there times, everything felt fine.

Last night when I was putting my new shock on i noticed when i pulled the clutch in that the first half of the pull felt hollow? and then felt normal. I could hear clutch things moving inside the cases, but with the bike in gear clutch pulled in the tire didn't really want to rotate by hand, but it rolled on the ground just fine. I went out tonight to go make some test hits on the new tune I put in my ecu, and clutch has no resistance all the way to the bar end. no sound of clutch movement. nothing. The reservoir was a little low, and the bike had been on a front only race stand so I'm hoping i just pushed the lever when somehow the opening in the reservoir was in free air and i need to rebleed my clutch line.

- in gear clutch pulled all the way in, how freely should the rear wheel spin? I can honestly say that Ive never paid attention to it
- anyone got a clutch master they've replaced they wanna sell me? Or even better a brembo RCS 16 they want to sell me? lol

Man i was so excited I was gonna go full Ricky Bobby tonight with the GPS lololol

I've had clutch master and slave cylinders that needed rebuilding, because they were leaking and exhibited symptoms you've described. Not on my 3rd gen 'Busa, but other bikes I've had with hydraulic clutches.

A leak at the slave cylinder on my 1st gen 'Busa, was not obvious until I removed it for closer inspection.

The reservoir was a little low, and the bike had been on a front only race stand so I'm hoping i just pushed the lever when somehow the opening in the reservoir was in free air and i need to rebleed my clutch line.
Hopefully that will be all it needs.
It shouldn't spin as free as it does in neutral. But it also shouldn't feel like your cranking the engine either but some resistance is very normal.

I actually hope someone comes out with a cable conversion for the gen3.

Hopefully that will be all it needs.

It shouldn't spin as free as it does in neutral. But it also shouldn't feel like your cranking the engine either but some resistance is very normal.

I actually hope someone comes out with a cable conversion for the gen3.
With where im planning to take my bike power wise I'm thankful for the hydrolic clutch, but i really wish Suzuki wouldn't have cut corners and given is brembo units. Id have paid an extra grand for the bike new, instead of $600 to the aftermarket to just have them stock.

Ordered the Brembo RCS 16 just incase, thank you ebay and PCS lolol

I left the lever zip tied to the handle overnight, Ill give it a full bleed tonight and see what it feels like and return the brembo is the stock one needs work. Im not going to sit and good time with it and then wonder what was really wrong if it doesn't bleed up into pressure again. Ill be able to put the brembo brake master back on too so they match.

Is it to soon to make jokes about things getting soft out of nowhere? Or do i have to discuss this on another forum, cause it wont help your issue.

Here is a link to best priced Brembo RCS 16 Clutch pump , Italian Stockist , used and trusted by me and some others on this site for many years now .

Hi SS, did you check that the slave housing hasnt cracked

Hi SS, this might be a shot in the dark, i recently had an issue like this, but i found that my slave cylinder clutch housing had cracked, and as i pulled in the leaver, instaed of pushing the push rod in, it pushed the casing out allot, but then it was just enough to be able to use the clutch, it could be a long shot as i do not know what year yours is, this was a common issue with the K1.K2's...just a thought

Back