What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

So my wife bought me a Healtech BLP-U01 Brakelight Pro (brake light modulator) for Christmas, and I finally got around to installing it a few weeks ago, only to run into issues with it not working at all. So I reached out to Healtech and Kristjian replied that my bike would require a custom unit, (not sure why it would need to be custom?) and had me destroy the one I had and send him a photo of the severed cord. LSS they sent me a new custom unit from their factory in Hungary, which arrived a few days ago and this one worked exactly as advertised. Took a little bit, but from my dealings with them, their customer service could give lessons to quite a few domestic places I have dealt with to say the least! So a quick thanks to Kristjian for helping me with this! The unit is tiny, robust and works as advertised. You can program it to flash a bunch of different patterns.
1714231092867.png

Got her all finished today, went out for ride to see my old mate in a town 70kms from me… the old girl ran flawlessly and the new clutch I’ve just installed has solved the jumping and bucking issue I’ve had ever since I tool possession of it.
I fitted a full clutch kit, genuine OEM, while I had all the bodywork removed, because I purchased it as NOS from the bike shop I worked at before I finished up there.
I was hoping it would improve the clutch operation on take offs from standing start, and it has made a big improvement… I can actually feed power thru the clutch instead of being limited to less than 2000rpm.
Turned out someone had erroneously fitted 3 thick steel plates instead of only 2… basically incorrect stack height.
Good to get that sorted and corrected.
70F4C3FB-4813-4B88-8183-7DA4F86567C4.jpeg

AD2EC7C7-9042-4009-8A6F-C71FEE83B08E.jpeg

1C582398-378B-4E75-AA7B-68942D03F83C.jpeg

Here’s a few pics of my bike in the sun this morning. . .
Beautiful Autumn day here today, 21 degC and light breeze, short days now though…sunrise at 7am, sets at 6pm

49C0BFF9-DE50-48CF-AB47-8CA6CA890FE7.jpeg

C0E5E892-7461-43A3-9024-FD2A61B939D7.jpeg

B9394E28-4D47-4737-8EE0-55A1CE549E73.jpeg

E683BB5B-F797-47A4-B0CE-8CE17707606B.jpeg

F381F7A4-B9CA-4DC5-B540-08EBDB85A62C.jpeg

Today is the day. The brake in period is done. The rpm range is all mine...
I rode a 12 hours loop with friends from 8AM to 8PM in a flawless weather. 342 miles.
View attachment 1682509
Cool. . . But what is the total odometer reading?
That’s only 48km per hour… you guys must have stopped at a lot of cafes lol.
Where in Europe are you?
I’m glad you appreciated my pics of my lovely old Busa… yes, 25 years old but I’ve only owned it 10 years, best bike I’ve had along side a GSXR1000K6 I bought new back in the day.
Have you had earlier model Busas?

Cool. . . But what is the total odometer reading?
That’s only 48km per hour… you guys must have stopped at a lot of cafes lol.
Where in Europe are you?
I’m glad you appreciated my pics of my lovely old Busa… yes, 25 years old but I’ve only owned it 10 years, best bike I’ve had along side a GSXR1000K6 I bought new back in the day.
Have you had earlier model Busas?
Yes, you are right the average is quite low. We had five 20+ mins stops together, I had other two short ones, so indeed the falcon was mostly rested on the owner's arm yesterday. Other two bikes were adventure bikes so, not so keen on cutting the wind. So 40% was cruise control on. City limits are quite low and there were lot of towns included into the loop.

Central Europe is my region, thus Austria, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Romania, Croatia, Hungary, Germany, Italy, Poland are all within the reach.

No I haven't owned one before, I wished one since first day, but this is the first one. I am glad to skip gen 1 and gen 2 earlier as I may not be able to handle the power without electronics when I was younger... If you know what I am saying, in my opinion you need to be mature, experienced enough to respect the power and understand/read the circumstances of the traffic, weather, road, etc. Maybe I am going to add gen 2 and gen 1 later to the stable if I find good ones from Germany. I am more on the preserve the original beauty side, not to customization side, so I will wait until a similar fellow will let one go.

Well, I played around with my bike today…
It’s not quite finished yet and I’ll finish it off tomorrow and put up some more pics…
So what d’yall think?

View attachment 1682435

View attachment 1682436

View attachment 1682437

View attachment 1682438

View attachment 1682439

View attachment 1682440
What I think? That we are lucky bastards to own such a beautiful copper busa. I can confirm that it really sparkles in the sun.
But may I ask if yours has been resprayed?

IMG_5835.jpeg

What I think? That we are lucky bastards to own such a beautiful copper busa. I can confirm that it really sparkles in the sun.
But may I ask if yours has been resprayed?

View attachment 1682626
Yes, mine has been resprayed. . . yours is obviously original paint from 1999 and looks a bit lighter in colour than mine.
Mine was originally a red/black 1999, vin number is very low. JS1A1131400100059
I'm also running a full Akra stainless system and 2004 model forks. Original forks were worn in the slider bushing so it was cheaper to buy a good used set of forks to replace them.
She has 152,000kms on it now, I've done 77,000km, but in my 10 tears of owning it, it has had a LOT of love!
I've replaced every chassis bearing there is to replace, I've overhauled the forks and the shock, overhauled brakes, new clutch, . . the list goes on!
It's never had the engine out or the head off, it's had reconditioned cams and new camchain, but no internal engine work, gearbox is sweet and no false neutrals or jumping out of gear.
Nice to see there's 2 of us here with the legendary Copper Busa!

Yes, mine has been resprayed. . . yours is obviously original paint from 1999 and looks a bit lighter in colour than mine.
Mine was originally a red/black 1999, vin number is very low. JS1A1131400100059
I'm also running a full Akra stainless system and 2004 model forks. Original forks were worn in the slider bushing so it was cheaper to buy a good used set of forks to replace them.
She has 152,000kms on it now, I've done 77,000km, but in my 10 tears of owning it, it has had a LOT of love!
I've replaced every chassis bearing there is to replace, I've overhauled the forks and the shock, overhauled brakes, new clutch, . . the list goes on!
It's never had the engine out or the head off, it's had reconditioned cams and new camchain, but no internal engine work, gearbox is sweet and no false neutrals or jumping out of gear.
Nice to see there's 2 of us here with the legendary Copper Busa!
Wow, that's what I call giving a motorcycle the love it deserves. Respect to both of you. And yes, mine is completely original with only 6800km. Fortunately, I found one not so long ago from the first owner.

Last edited:
Back