Zero Gravity Sport Touring Screen

terrass604

Registered
Wanting to replace my windscreen with either a 'double bubble' type or something like the ZG Sport Touring model. The Sport Touring looks like it gives better protection than the DB type.

Has anyone here actually used the ZG Sport Touring model? How does it compare to the DB type?

Thanks in advance.

I have not tried the touring one but the BD is a whole lot better than oem for wind protection. but I am short so the DB would be more than enough for me.(I use stock)But...
That is the only one I stock

The double bubble directed the wind blast directly at my head. The sport touring shield was more comfortable for me.

I've put a deflector on my stock screen and got the same effect. It is called the "Laminar Lip"

I started a thread on it in the Gen Section. It splits the wind and raises the pocket up enough that I'm much more comfortable at all speeds, not tucking as low also helps when cornering at high speeds. My arms are at a better angle for control inputs.

It's cheaper too, less than $95 tax and shipping included.

I have the ST and at 6'0 tall, the air flow is right at chin level. I'd rather have it hit me in the chest.
I ddin't see any "significant" advantages to the ST. Stock is back on now.

McyMike

I ahve the Sport touring screen i really enjoy it takes alotta pressure off of me especailly when wanting to travel at the higher speeds
smile.gif

I HAVE ZG SPORT TOURING SHIELD AND I'VE FOUND THAT IT DOES HELP ALOT WHEN ITS COLD SINCE IT REMOVES SO MUCH OF THE WIND BLAST FROM YOUR CHEST. BUT WHAT I DONT LIKE IS THAT THE AIR NOW HITS ME RIGHT AT CHIN LEVEL AND IT CAUSE ALOT MORE HEAD BUFFETING, SO WHEN ITS NOT COLD I USE THE STOCK SHIELD, ALSO THE ZG SHIELDS ARE THIN AND YOU HAVE TO BUILD UP THE LOWER EDGE WITH TAPE FOR A SNUG FIT, MINE RATTLED UNTILL I DID THAT. BUT ON THE PLUS SIDE THE ZG PT SHIED HELD UP AT 160 MPH, ABOVE THAT I FEEL MORE COMFY WITH THE STOCK. YOU MIGHT TRY A DOUBLE BUBBLE MY BUDDY USES A ONE AND I THINK THATS THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS.

I've put a deflector on my stock screen and got the same effect.  It is called the "Laminar Lip"

I started a thread on it in the Gen Section.  It splits the wind and raises the pocket up enough that I'm much more comfortable at all speeds, not tucking as low also helps when cornering at high speeds.  My arms are at a better angle for control inputs.  

It's cheaper too, less than $95 tax and shipping included.
I have the ST on mne and I did notice a diff right off the bat. I am considering buying the Laminar lip mentioned above as well, to see if that helps more.

If I have to make a choice between stock and ST, I'd go ST anytime.

renesmaller.jpg

I've had a DB and now have an ST on mine.  I got a lot of 80+ mph helmet-buffeting air with the DB and don't with the ST.  I'm 5'10" - I guess your height makes one or the other better for you.  I, too, couldn't see my instrument panel well with the stock screen.

I can't understand how a $95 Laminar Lip is cheaper than a ZG screen - the DB and ST are both $87.80 shipped to me.  And you may want to check with them regarding compatibility with non-stock screens.  Their site states the Lip only fits stock screens yet their photo of a Lip-equipped Busa clearly shows a DB on the bike.  I emailed them for clarification but never got a reply.  Unreturned phone calls and unanswered mail doesn't give me a good feeling about a company...

Ed

<!--EDIT|EdC
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093487353 -->

They wrote back to me the same day. Stated that the lip is designed for use with the stock screen, bt they have used it with a ZG DB and had it work fine. I contacted them the other days and they are going to ship me a prototype version of thier touring lip which I will use in conjunction with the stock screen for a while, and then the ZG ST.

Back