Texas Mile Oct. registration is now open

arnie3600

Registered
Well the new Texas Mile site is up and registration is now open. Now remember that it's a brand new site so their maybe a problem or two. If you see or have a problem of any kind, let me know. I will pass it along to the people who need to know to fix it.

I would also like to congratulate Jonathan on being promoted to the Chief of Tech. This means that Heather Cotterman is now your lead bike inspector. We are also looking for a second bike inspector. If anyone is interested please contact Heather or myself.

Ryan Arnold
Assistant Race Director

MORE INFO

Hello Everyone,

Since 2003 the Texas Mile has grown tremendously and in order to better serve you we are launching a new and improved Texas Mile website. This site not only looks better but it's easier to navigate and forms are easier to download. We want you all to check it out and let us know what you think!!

Registration for the upcoming Texas Mile on October 16-18,2009 is NOW OPEN!! If you would like to register please register online at TEXAS MILE // OFFICIAL SITE // 3 DAYS, 1 MILE: NO SPEED LIMIT ( if you are registering and are not from the US please download the registration form and fax it in) .

As a registered participant you are required to read the updated rules and regulations and review the tech sheet. The Texas Mile will not give refunds to participants who cannot pass tech and who fail to adhere to all of the rules and regulations.

As a registered participant you are also required to fax in your medical history before you are considered to be completely registered, this form can be found on the registration page of the website. The medical form does not need to be signed by a doctor, it is one that you fill out yourself.

Registration is limited to 160 participants. Once registration is full a waiting list will begin. To get your name on the waiting list you will need to pay a $10 fee which is non-refundable. Sign up can be done online on the same web page that the registration is on. In order to get off of the waiting list you will need to provide a phone number that we can reach you at, preferably a cell phone. People are removed from the waiting list when someone cancels their registration, when someone is unable to run at the event due to breaking down etc, or when someone checks out of the event early. At previous events everyone was called off of the waiting list and was able to participate. PLEASE REGISTER AS SOON AS YOU CAN IN ORDER TO AVOID THE WAITING LIST!

As you browse our site make sure to check out our photo gallery and event Schedule. The event schedule is subject to change so make sure to review the schedule a few days before the event weekend. If you would like to know more about our photo gallery and photographer please contactgeriarts@geriarts.com .

We would like to send a special congratulations to Jonathan Hernandez and Ryan Arnold!
Ryan Arnold has been promoted from Chief of Tech to Assistant Race Director !! Congratulations Ryan! Ryan will not only be assisting with motorcycle tech he will be assisting Clifton Winkleman who is our Race Director by making sure all of our participants are following The Texas Mile rules and Regulations.

Jonathan Hernandez has been promoted from Automobile Tech to Chief of Tech!! Congratulations Jonathan! Jonathan will be the head of tech, assisting with both motorcycle and automobile tech.

We are looking forward to a great event and hope that YOU will be able to join us . If you have any general questions please contact Jessica at 281-303-1844 or info@nasatx.com . If you have motorcycle tech questions please contact Ryan at arnie3600@yahoo.com, and if you have any Automobile Tech questions please contact Jonathan at jono_550@yahoo.com.

Thank You!
Jessica Reyna
281-303-1844
Fax: 281-605-1340
NASA Texas
Texas Mile

Anyone going?

Looked at the rules, seems like the bike will need a bit of work, would like input from those who have done it before.

Just registered! Been workin towards this for a long time.
Thank You to Rebecca (my wife) for her support and letting me chase a dream, I Love You!

Ryan,

The new site looks great! :thumbsup:

Thank you guys for all you do... :beerchug:

Anyone going?

Looked at the rules, seems like the bike will need a bit of work, would like input from those who have done it before.

Click my sig for everything you need to know... ;)

I wish there was a place like this in Fl. Either way I will try to do this in the future.

There is one in Florida now ( MileMarker-1 )but Texas is still the best for 1-mile... :bowdown:

RULES

1. Engine kill switch. Riders must have a lanyard style kill switch that kills all power in the event of a rider falling off. Tip over switches will NOT be a suitable replacement for a kill switch.
2. Tires will be ZR rated D.O.T tires, front and rear
3. Front axels must be safety wired. Rear axels must have the nut pinned, clipped, or safety wired.
4. Oil drain plugs will be safety wired and it is encouraged to safety wire the filer but is not required at this time.
5. Drive chains must have the master link safety wired or silicone (preferably colored silicone)
6. Crankcase breather hoses must be run into a catch tank or in to the air box
7. Leather racing suits must be worn and zipped at all times while in the hot pits or racing lane.
8. Kevlar T panels can only be used for expansion flexibility (arms and legs) and not to replace other large areas of leather.
9. Leather gloves with no holes or other openings other than breathing pinholes.
10. Helmets must be certified by Snell Memorial Foundation and bearing M2000 or M2005 approval stickers. All helmets must be in sound condition, including shell, liner, and strap. All helmets must be approved by the tech inspector. MUST HAVE CURRENT DATES ON HELMET. NO EXCEPTIONS.
11. Shields must be shatterproof in nature and have clear visibility
12. Visor tear-offs are not allowed
13. The Texas Mile prohibits hydration devices such as camel backs during racing events
14. Steering Damper for speeds greater than 140.
15. A metal chain guard is required.
16. Both front and rear brakes must be functional.
If you have any questions about the above rules, please contact the Texas Mile staff at 281-303-1844 or email Ryan our tech inspector at arnie3600@yahoo.com.
Attention ALL: WAIVER- this is not the complete waiver. You will be required to sign a complete waiver at the event.
This event was originally created to provide those with everyday performance motorcycles and cars a place to legally run their cars over the speed limit, over a short distance (1 mile), and build up to a speed below 175 mph.
There is a fire/rescue crew on sight and an ambulance. HOWEVER, none of the safety requirements or safety crews guarantees your safety. You are entering this event at your own will and understand that it is dangerous and you could be harmed or killed. You enter completely at your own risk and you are not depending on anybody to ensure your safety or your well-being or the safety or well-being of those that are your guest or fans. You agree not to sue anybody and/or any company and your family/heirs and friends agree not to sue anybody and/or any company if you or them or harmed, injured or killed

Just registered! Been workin towards this for a long time.
Thank You to Rebecca (my wife) for her support and letting me chase a dream, I Love You!

We have attended since March of 2007, its a fun place to be! :beerchug:

I will not be there to race but I will be there to watch the event and hang out with a few of the guys that I know that do race. :thumbsup:

I am working on making it out there to race my bike. It is a 20hr drive from So Cal. Trying to get my friend to convert his 900Hp nova from a drag set-up to LSR. I think he is in. Anyone else interested in a roadtrip?

We already have over 80 entries in just 4 days. The cap is 160 and then names go on the waiting list. If you want to sign up you better not wait around.

I am still undecided, might do a double Maxton vs. the long drive for us. I guess I better make up my mind in a day or two. Thanks for the update. :beerchug:

#100 here and 2 more of the Cheese motor turbo bikes just signed up
damm I am going to be busy I think I have over 7 motors going so far and too many tunes.

Better make a bigger wall after Loring and Bonneville I am running out of room

Back