03 Randomly shuts off

Copper1300R

Registered
Hi I have a 2003 Hayabusa lowered with a Hindle exhaust. The problem I am having is while cruising the bike will just shut off sometimes.. It is totally random and dosent seem to matter if going 3 mph or 103mph. When it shuts down the FI light blinks and the digital readout reads FI.. Usually if I pull in the clutch and turn the key off then turn the key back on and let the clutch out the bike will re fire and I can go back to normal.. I was told the tip over sensor might be at fault. Is there a way to bypass this? Any other ideas?

Thanks
Josh

Tried unplugging the tip sensor and jumping the two terminals on the harness as suggested and the bike will not start.. Is there a resistor or something that needs to be installed to bypass the tip sensor?

Battery terminals are tight.. The bike does not loose electrical power at all. It just shuts the engine off and the display starts blinking FI

Definately think its this tip over switch that is my problem. I would really like to bypass it rather than replacing the sensor.. The whole concept sounds useless to me.. Rather have it gone.

you can pull apart and fill with silicone<BUT if your bike goes down and engine cases bust motor will continue to run burning it up,if ou fall and are hung up on it it will continue to run,get the point of it now....I have them in stock if you need one...

Kinda hard to pull the codes on the side of the road.. Never happens when I am at home or in a place safe enough to do it.. By the time I get home the thing is running fine and nothing comes up when I pull the codes.

im expirencing tha same problem on my 03, ive changed kickstand sensor,battery,regulator, cleaned fuel pump filter and still does tha same thing with no flashin fi codes or oil light, any info or results please fill me in!

Last edited:
Back