05 busa with 5k low compression #3 and 4

David Rog

Registered
bought a craislist special busa in boxes. anyway i got the bike not running and with missing airbox and spark plugs. did a compression test after squirting a little oil in the cylinders due to the bike looking like it has not run in at least 5 years and was definatly sitting out side. found cyl 1 and 2 compression tested at 150psi and 3 and 4 at 75 psi. drained the oil out of the bike and it looked like a milk shake. might just be due to the outdoor storage over lots of years.mind you the radiator is full off coolant and is clean. the reservoir shows signs of some slugy milk at the bottom but not much. so i went ahead and pulled the head off. did a at home valve leak test with water and found intake valves on cyl #1 leaking down :alcoholic: after a few beers and scratching my head i went and inspected the head gasket and honestly i cant see any signs of carbon where it shouldnt be. the cylinders look mint have perfect crosshatch and i really dought its an issue with rings. anyone experience some thing like this. seems kinda weird i have 2 cylinders right next to each other with low compression. any advise would be appreciated.

Sounds like stuck rings. But I'm no expert by any means. I'd soak it good with penetrating oil for a few days. If the oil came out like milk the bottom end must be a mess

To make a milkshake it takes oil, water and heat... Head gasket was likely blown hence why it was parked outside...

dont know if the milk shake is from gasket or just from sitting out side in rain, snow. im hoping it was the gasket but im gonna pop on a ported and polished head for good measure

Back