08 Hugger

Busa_Nick

Registered
What do ya'll think of this one: Hayabusa Hugger 2008? I took off the fender and mounted the plate, so I want some extra protection there, I like this one because its vented, opinions? Also might try drilling some holes at the end of it and mounting the plate there.

Last edited:
Looks good, Nick.

Have you looked at the other hugger mfgr's?

They seem to have a noteworthy variety of Gen2 parts. Any words on their build-quality or fitment?

+1. I also want to add one for rear shock protection. Looks like the hotbodies are now in stock for the 08 busa. the powerbronze and hotbodies are the only 2 I have seen, was also curious re quality and fit. Scar - weren't you getting a hotbodies, waiting for you to show us the way here :poke: thx.

+1. I also want to add one for rear shock protection. Looks like the hotbodies are now in stock for the 08 busa. the powerbronze and hotbodies are the only 2 I have seen, was also curious re quality and fit. Scar - weren't you getting a hotbodies, waiting for you to show us the way here :poke: thx.

Yessir...I have the HBR hugger installed; my review article is due in print in the next couple of days... The editor always sends me a PDF of my work so that I can share it with you guys (and my Mom, of course).

Suffice it to say, I'm happy with it... Here's one of the pix I submitted with the article... It's the the guy at HBR who actually designed the hugger.

:beerchug: Shortly, the full report will be available...

Pic #1; Complete
Pic #2; Installing
Pic #3; Hugger (right out of package).

Complete (1).jpg

Installing Hugger (2).jpg

Undertail right out of Pkg.jpg

Looks good, Nick.

Have you looked at the other hugger mfgr's?

They seem to have a noteworthy variety of Gen2 parts. Any words on their build-quality or fitment?

I've looked at 2 and I think the power bronze covers more of the wheel, I want something that goes back far enough to mount a plate yet give good protection with style.

Yessir...I have the HBR hugger installed; my review article is due in print in the next couple of days... The editor always sends me a PDF of my work so that I can share it with you guys (and my Mom, of course).

Suffice it to say, I'm happy with it... Here's one of the pix I submitted with the article... It's the the guy at HBR who actually designed the hugger.

:beerchug: Shortly, the full report will be available...

Pic #1; Complete
Pic #2; Installing
Pic #3; Hugger (right out of package).

This one looks pretty good, nice.

I've looked at 2 and I think the power bronze covers more of the wheel, I want something that goes back far enough to mount a plate yet give good protection with style.

It may well do that, yo. If you can get the dimensions from them, it'd help determine just how far over the tire it goes...

Anyway, whatever you decide, I'm sure you're going to be very happy.

:beerchug:

This one looks pretty good, nice.

Also, the HBR one is plastic. Did I notice that the PowerBronze one is made of metal? I'll have to go back and look...

Yeah, no...the page alignment on their site isn't the best...it's the eliminator which is metal, not the hugger. Anyway, bro...if you can get the dims of that, you should pretty easily be able to determine how far aft it reaches, as I mentioned above.

:beerchug:

Last edited:
The power bronze has been ordered up.

HayabusaMeshHuggerBlackPB1.JPG

It will cover a good portion of the wheel for good protection without looking stupid, if I decide to mount a bracket to it and extend it out with the plate i'll post up some pics. Take it easy.

Last edited:
Do you think the screen will be difficult to maintain open air-flow/keep clean?

Curious.

It might be...doing some heavy duty off-roading in the mud, but I won't be doing any of that. Should be just a clean with wd-40 every month or so to keep it up to par I would imagine.

It might be...doing some heavy duty off-roading in the mud, but I won't be doing any of that. Should be just a clean with wd-40 every month or so to keep it up to par I would imagine.

Probably so. I tend to get a lot of chain-lube fling build-up if I'm not on it all the time...

I'm sure that'll work very well...Can't wait to see it mounted on your sled, yo!!!

Congrats :beerchug: !!!

I'll let ya know my thoughts after 1000 miles or so once its put on, really shouldn't be to difficult to clean though, just another little thing to do.

Last edited:
I have a colored match one I got HPC. The best looking one I have seen yet. It is color matched to my Orange/Black 08, with Carbon fiber in the center. Plus their customer service is second to none. The first one did not fit right and they replaced no questions asked.

I have a colored match one I got HPC. The best looking one I have seen yet. It is color matched to my Orange/Black 08, with Carbon fiber in the center. Plus their customer service is second to none. The first one did not fit right and they replaced no questions asked.

Quite a stable you have there! Where did you get the HPC hugger?

Thanks and I just realized that the list is out of date. I have added a few more to the stable since I made the list. Anyway, HPC is a board sponsor. Greg (I believe he is the owner) can hook you up with one that matches your bike. It even has a chain guard buit in. I will try to take and post some pictures tonight when I get home.

Kev, it looks great buddy, easy to clean? Do me a fav. though and remove the chain guard sticker. :laugh:

Last edited:
Back