2 cents

Mphilly

Registered
I have always been an Arai helmet person. I have never tried a Shoei brand helmet. I know they are both premium companies, however I was curious how any of you Shoei people out there rate them. I just purchased my new helmet and its on the way hopefully I will like it. :thumbsup:

helmets-shoei-street-2010-rf-1100-warlord.jpg

I can still chew my own food and remembet the names of almost everyone who lives at my house yea Shoie.

El Oso 086.jpg

El Oso 090.jpg

El Oso 091.jpg

Nice looking lid!

I've got both brands and they are both great. The only reason I would put the arai slightly ahead is because the dealer took the time to switch out the pads so it fits perfectly. And if it weren't for Shoei, I don't know if Diana would still be here after her wreck.

Aria might vent a little better, but I have not crashed in one.:whistle:

Thanks for feedback. I have an Arai Profile right now that fits good. I just needed (more like wanted) a new helmet with a cool graphic on it. I hate the Arai shield system though, its a pain in the rear to get used to. The Shoei looks like its going to be allot easier to do. :please:

Both companies make great products, but I've never owned an Arai.

I've had Shoei helmets since I've been riding Busas. I suffered only minor injuries (no ambulance involved) in my crash, and I took all of these pictures. They definitely do a great job.

This Shoei RF-1000 saved my life last year.

This mark is from a hard impact with the road. That was a potentially fatal impact, had I been wearing lesser protection.
RF-1000 Crash 2.jpg

This one is from the rusty guardrail that runs along the Cherohala Skyway. Shoei uses good, strong shields. I know that because my ugly mug is still intact.
RF-1000 Crash 1.jpg

Here's how it happened...

185128d1272239893-chattanoogabusa-down-dscn1557.jpg

185131d1272240210-chattanoogabusa-down-dscn1574.jpg

RF-1000 Crash 2.jpg

RF-1000 Crash 1.jpg

The throttle meisters look ok :)

Both companies make great products, but I've never owned an Arai.

I've had Shoei helmets since I've been riding Busas. I suffered only minor injuries (no ambulance involved) in my crash, and I took all of these pictures. They definitely do a great job.

This Shoei RF-1000 saved my life last year.

This mark is from a hard impact with the road. That was a potentially fatal impact, had I been wearing lesser protection.
View attachment 223612

This one is from the rusty guardrail that runs along the Cherohala Skyway. Shoei uses good, strong shields. I know that because my ugly mug is still intact.
View attachment 223613

Here's how it happened...

185128d1272239893-chattanoogabusa-down-dscn1557.jpg

185131d1272240210-chattanoogabusa-down-dscn1574.jpg

I think I've crashed about a dozen times thru my life in Shoei helmets.
I've always come out good in one. I've found Shoei to be the only one to fit my oblong head :)

This was my first Shoei. I was 13. 28 years ago. Rf-100 I think?
d00f30dc.jpg

I just the Shoei Qwest, extremely happy with the fit and the looks. Unfortunately I have crash tested many Shoei's first hand:down: I give them high marks in protective dept.:thumbsup:

Shoei makes great stuff, I've been wearing them for a couple decades! Arai is as good, but their sheild changes suck! Shoei sheild change takes 10 seconds...literally.
I need a new helmet and was going to get the Shoei X12, but I think I'm going to try the Bell Star, as Bell seems to be back on top since buying back their company a few years ago.:thumbsup:

I wear a Shoei most of the time, but I also own a KBC and a couple of HJC helmets. Fit is very important with any helmet, and when they get loose it's time for a new one. Any helmet that meets snell standards will protect you. This HJC saved my life a few years back. Took a 60mph direct hit into a pole. Having good gear allowed me to be able to start fixing my busa 10 min. after omslaw brought me home from the hospital. Thanks again Omar, your a great friend.:bowdown:

IMG00290.jpg

IMG00314.jpg

Back