2000 Busa Restricted: Yes or No

OB_EZ2XLR8

Registered
I say No.

We've got a lot of replies in various threads on this topic. I'm interested in knowing what you guys really think on this one.

MCN just tested a 2000 Busa at Nardo. The Busa went 191.6. That doesn't sound restricted to me.
Opinions?

EZ

[This message has been edited by EZ2XLR8 (edited 28 April 2000).]

Thats weird because most 2000's that I've seen dyno tested made more power than the 1999 versions. For instance, my '00 made 162 rwhp while some of my friends barely make that much with a pipe. The answer is no. It is not resticted.

I know this is an old thread but I just came from my local dealer, and in a discussion we were having he mentioned the 2000 busa was restricted.My question is does anyone have the definative answer? Restricted or not? I asked him who gave him that information and he said he picked it up in the service department at his dealership,Fun Bike Center in San Diego Ca. Johnnycheese do you know?

Billy V,

Cycle World, June 2000 p.38
"If Kawasaki tamed its tour de force, did Suzuki do the same thing to the GSX1300R? Apparently not yet (at least on U.S. models), as the Y2K Suzuki managed 191 mph, just 3 mph slower than our 1999 'Busa's best."

BTW there were plenty of magazine tests that had the '99 Busa at less than 191 mph. Therefore, I believe that the 2000 is not limited. However, there has been alot of rumour on this topic. That's exactly why I started this thread, hoping that some of our more technical members would weigh in on this topic. Let us know if you hear more about this. Thanks for the reply.

EZ

This is all I will say .
I know for a fact the Busa was not repeat
NOT restricked for 2000.
The easiest way to tell is find a 99 model (not copper because they are faster)
and take you so called restricked busa 2000
and find a strech of road and go for it.
There is your answer.
That way you don't have to believe a mag that might not have someone riding with no BAL*S.
I will say no more this is boring.

Johnnycheese,
I was looking for a response from a trained Suzuki tech.
Your feedback settles the issue for me.
2000 Busa NOT Restricted.
Thread Closed.
EZ

I have spoken with a few Suzuki reps concerning this issue on speed restriction. Tho they will not state if the 2001 model will be restricted or not. My local rep has assured me that the 2000 models HAVE NOT been restricted.
So what if on a good day someone clocked a 1999 model at 194 mph, just great. That does not mean that every 1999 or 2000 model will top out at 194 mph. Some may do a little more some less. Don't get caught up in a numbers game, let the manufacturers show their true colors next year (if & when) restrictions really happen.........

From Motorcyclist,
"It was believed that all manufacturers would begin limiting top speeds for the 2001 model year. We're sure the Kawasaki and Suzuki got a head start. Although factory representatives would not go on record saying the ZX-12R and the year 2000 Hayabusa have been limited, we have accumulated a truckload of circumstantial evidence."
Peace,
Ranger

Back