2000 suzuki Gsx1300r hayabusa wont stay running.

MullerBrett57

Registered
I have a 2000 busa and it is running like crap. I already cleaned the fuel and air system as well as made sure i have proper spark. Im pretty sure my timing is right. My compression in all 4 cylinders is 115 dry test and 120 to 125 on a wet test. I cant figure out why my compression is so low. Any ideads?

Assuming battery is strong enough and turning over fast enough, do a compression leak down test, if an issue is found, this will tell you where to look.

Assuming battery is strong enough and turning over fast enough, do a compression leak down test, if an issue is found, this will tell you where to look.
I am not completely sure what a leak down test is, i went and got a fuel pressure tester haven't had time to test it yet but, I will later today (the 13th). Its definitely turning over fast enough i had to fix that when i got the bike.

(...) compression leak down test, (...)
both together is impossible
for a compression test you need to turn the crank by using the starter some 3-5 seconds + full throttle
for a leak down test you put pressure into a single cyl. at its top dead center / in the compression stroke when all valves of the cylinder are closed

both tests need different tools to measure

So update i bought a different compression tester that is now telling me i have 180 PSI. but further testing with the pump I have found out it isnt stock. my 2000 busa has a stock external pump but this bike has an internal pump. when i turn the key on it shows 20 PSI for the fuel system then i turn it on again and it goes up to 42. When i start it it seems to jump between 36 and 46 PSI, Im still not sure whats wrong.

(...) my 2000 busa has a stock external pump but this bike has an internal pump. (...)

man?

that sentence (above) confuses me because there is only an either or
so what 2000 busa are you talking about?
or did you a change to a tank from 2001 and later?

i guess a pic from under the lifted tank could help "to bring light in my dark" ;)

are there 2 fuel hoses from tank to pump (ext.) or is there only one from pump (int.) to throttle valve-bank?
if there is only one it usually can´t get kinked because not really bendable
in contrast to the 2 soft ones at external pump.

it is a 2000 hayabusa with a later year gen 1 tank. Such as, 2001 - 2007 gas tank. only one hose coming from it. but my bike specifically has both pumps the external one isnt hooked up tho.

Back