2006 moto gp

manatrader

Donating Member
Registered
A chat area to talk about the Moto GP and current events.

I know some of us on the busa watch the GP races and others are totally addicted to it.

Well with 8 races down and some of the best racing I have seen in the Moto GP group in years, someone else having a chance of being world champ other than Rossi what else can we ask for.

The race in Assen was incredible right down to the last couple of corners when both Hayden and Edwards came into the corner way to hot. Hats off to Edwards, if he stood his bike up to make the corner he for sure would have taken himself and Hayden out. I only wish he had pulled out of it and came in 2nd place he really rode the tires off that bike.

Now off to England then Germany and back to the USA for Laguna! Where an American possible could be in the championship point lead when they arrive.

If your not going and live on the West Coast and ride a sports bike you could be missing something extraordinarily.

like the idea about the forum. i watch moto every weekend when its on (along with ama and sbk championship). i dont understand why speedvision doesnt have more of this on. if they can have shows with neckcar on about 30 hours a day surely they could show some qualifing and stuff from moto, ama, or sbk. they have shows about shows talking about shows when it comes to nascar. who the he** needs 5 hours of pre-race talk & 5 hours of post-race for a race that means nothing. i emailed them about it once but got no reply. i also like the motocross stuff but they dont really show much of that either. they like to put on shows like that new garbage "superbikes" that was on last night. that should last about a month. take that programming time and show some racing not a bunch of clowns acting stupid.
you just had to get me started didnt ya!!
director.gif

i think if they got enough emails they would show more however. they are only going to show what people will watch. so everybody needs to e-mail 'em.

back to the subject, i coulndt belive that finish either those are some bad men out there. i was also wondering what some of those guys were thinking when rossi was going by them with a broken throttle/brake hand and banged up all over after his nasty spill. i couldnt belive he finished in the top 10.

Wish I could make Laguna- it feels good to see the Americans running up front. Some great racing in Holland. Hated to see the Tornado blaze off into the barriers too...
You know Colin wants to beat Nicky every race considering that whole Honda deal from a few years ago.

Any chance that Nicky clinches by California?

Very unlikely that Nicky will clinch the title after only 3 additional races.  We're only half-way thru.

I also think a MotoGP forum is a good idea.  Maybe a combined Pro racing forum; AMA, SBK, TT, MotoGP, etc...

To hel! with speed channel.  Cable needs to come out with a motorcycle only channel.

In an interview, Colin said he didn't know that Nicky went into the gravel, he thought nicky was right with him.  He was riding a defensive line and made 2 mistakes, 1)he went off his planned line 2)he got on the gas too hard when he was on the astro turf. He wouldn't have made those mistakes if Nicky didn't pressure him by pulling up next to him on the final chicane. Nicky made him make a mistake and earned the win. I hope to see Hayden ride that aggressive more often
biggrin.gif

I'm not much of a Edwards fan.  He's an American and that's all he got as far as I'm concerned.  I'll always root for Hayden 1st.  Then Hopkins, Roberts, then Edwards.  I like watching Rossi ride, but I don't want him to win  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151517511 -->

biggrin.gif

I too like watching Rossi ride, he is smooth and aggressive at the same time, in Italy he would just come up on the inside in spots where there was only enough room for a front tire and just kind of say I'm passing ya, if you want do something about it good luck, then just force himself right on in there. You could tell he had to win that race, to keep a chance for the champ points.
Aggree there is no way right now anyone can clinch the championship right now any of the top 7 could end up on top.

460551.jpg

Did you check out this sequence of shots from the last corner?
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/2006/mgp/assen/1/
AWESOME!

The last three races have been really interesting. You know somebody in Europe is going to start saying that Hayden backed into the championship lead because all of the Italians are on the Injured list. He has been on the podium 10 out of the last 11 races! Eddie Lawson would be proud! Honda had better loosen the purse strings a bit if they want to re-sign him next year. Donington could be an interesting race. Rossi will try and bulldoze them if he can. I personally hope Hayden turns it on now. He played test mule the first half of the season for Honda and now its time for HRC to give him the equipment he needs to stay in the lead! I can also see KRJR sneaking up there as well. They have been getting that bike closer every week and Donington is their back yard. God I love my DVR!

Well the weekends race from British Grand Prix was another great race with Pedosa putting a clinic on how to ride the course, but what a race for 2nd place between the two Italians!

I must say I agree that only the top 5 now have a chance for the championship, finally a year when Rossi doesn't have it wraped up already.

464316.jpg

The Honda Team Repsol have to be in 7th heaven with Hayden and Pedrosa being on the Podium so much but also leading the Championship race. I dont see them lossing the Team point race and I think Honda might have the constructors points wraped up, since it very unlikely that a Honda will not at least place 2nd the rest of the year, they way things been going they will continue to win.

Tires are going to become the big questions with the temps starting to rise.

One more race until the US!

Hayden had an off weekend in donington. Pedrosa was fast from the first practice and got faster as the weekend went on. Much as it pains me to say this though Melandri is looking strong! Beat up and all he gave Rossi everything he could handle at the end of that race. Pedrosa is a wild card but I think it will still shake out to the same three guys battling to the end this year Rossi, Hayden abd Melandri. Rossi Is on a mission, Pedrosa will have his tracks, Melandri is going to have his tracks as well. Hayden just needs to stay focused and finish at the front every weekend. He doesn't need to win every race (though that wouldn't hurt) to stay in front. Germany will be a good springboard to Laguna.

Rossi was having a bad day or he is a little timid still, I have never seen his foot come off the pegs so much as the last race, like he thought he was going down. He should have came in 3rd but a bad mistake by Melandri cost him 2nd place. Just like Hayden mistake which most likely cost him several places.

You know I have seen Both Rossi and Pedrosa doing that same thing (foot off the peg) a lot lately. When They come off a long straight they pick their left foot up completely off the peg and resituate it. I dont think they are having a moment just repositioning their foot for the shifter. I have been noticing it alot more lately because I see Pedrosa doing it now too. I was starting to wonder why?

Current info all I have to say is go Nicky! After watching the race live in Laguna like many of you did too. What a day, I have read Rossi stuff this year about the track, but I'm sure the heat will come up.

474186.jpg

I have seen in an interview that sometimes under hard braking, the rider's foot slips off the peg. No big deal, since these guys are 1 with the machine.

Back