2011 Sachsenring GP Race

mountainmotor

Donating Member
Registered
I was watching free practice yesterday and they were talking attendance for the race.

The place is sold out early with a little over 240,000 attending - wow . I'd like to move there . Brno is a little over an hours drive away. Reminds me, must keep buying weekly lottery tickets .

QP was earlier this morning - any pre race predictions ?

Record attendance here at the house this morning :thumbsup:

The Moto2 race was a good one - winner will be racing a 990 in the future i expect.

The GP race it'self- just a KILLER race ! :beerchug:

I need to go check my world standings in the Fantasy GP . I DNF'd one race this year by making my picks in the last two minutes - got cut out of it.

This race marked seasons mid point - next week - Laguna :thumbsup:

And in the States you can combine a Moto GP, WSBK and and AMA race together and not get near a sellout. Oh never mind the AMA race, they (AMA)don't even show up to races already on their calendar.

Oh, Spies won and Super Sic put Stoner out with a broken collar bone.

sonofabich, i'm downloading it now...:laugh: no spoilers next time (although that's not much of a surprise)

And in the States you can combine a Moto GP, WSBK and and AMA race together and not get near a sellout. Oh never mind the AMA race, they (AMA)don't even show up to races already on their calendar.

Oh, Spies won and Super Sic put Stoner out with a broken collar bone.

You're a bad man!
:laugh:

You're a bad man!
:laugh:

That was more of a prediction than a statement of fact.

I watched it on the Speed channel, I hate Speed. They waste 5+ minutes of air time before the race starts, then no post race interviews.

Did anyone else notice how they fookered up the race results??
Had Simo listed as finishing 4th and 7th. Did any one see on what lap Simo passed himself or did he lead himself from the start?

At least it was a bit of a race. Sad that there are so few teams in what is supposed to be the pinnacle of M/C racing. At least next year there will be a few more teams, probably not very competitive but will fill out the grid and add a few more back markers to deal with. If it wasn't for Simo, Moto GP would be almost as boring to watch as drag racing.

Moto GP ought to be better than Moto 2, now that's Racing.

That was more of a prediction than a statement of fact.

I watched it on the Speed channel, I hate Speed. They waste 5+ minutes of air time before the race starts, then no post race interviews.

Did anyone else notice how they fookered up the race results??
Had Simo listed as finishing 4th and 7th. Did any one see on what lap Simo passed himself or did he lead himself from the start?

At least it was a bit of a race. Sad that there are so few teams in what is supposed to be the pinnacle of M/C racing. At least next year there will be a few more teams, probably not very competitive but will fill out the grid and add a few more back markers to deal with. If it wasn't for Simo, Moto GP would be almost as boring to watch as drag racing.

Moto GP ought to be better than Moto 2, now that's Racing.

Moto is so damn boring now its almost unwatchable. too many eletronics taking the riders and competition right out of it. i kno, i know eventually it ends up on the street bikes but i dont give a s*** it make the best riders and bikes in the world seem like a joke.

lets get those 500cc monsters back out there. best era of motogp and thats before i even watched it. saw it on faster and had to go back and get some old vids. awesome riders back then. i dont think half of these "new" guys could ride a 500 without gettin killed. all they know is pin it and let the eletronics handle it. how many times do you hear the riders complaining about being slow cause the eletronics werent working right.

Back