sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
Went for a ride this morning while the family's still sleeping and hit 90K miles. Just wanted to share.:thumbsup:

9adfad46.jpg

c82a9799.jpg

I swear we are going to see a Hayabusa Commerical with this guy jumping in the air saying "I hit a million miles ohh what a feeling"

How in the hell do you keep your bike looking brand new with a gazillion miles on it :dunno:

I swear we are going to see a Hayabusa Commerical with this guy jumping in the air saying "I hit a million miles ohh what a feeling"

How in the hell do you keep your bike looking brand new with a gazillion miles on it :dunno:

Just don't ride behind Super Corsa's when they get warmed up on KY roads. :laugh:

Nice J!!! I smell...

Here is to 10K issue free more!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Thanks!! I'm really hoping for it to be issue free in the next 10K miles and beyond. :please:

Awesome Sleepless!:cheerleader: I see a name change..... to Mileage Monster!:poke:View attachment 1556506
:laugh::beerchug:

mileage-monster-powered-by-h20-77547037.jpg
or this one!:laugh:
:thumbsup::beerchug:

:laugh:

My secret is cleaning/polishing her either before or after each ride. :thumbsup:

My secret is cleaning/polishing her either before or after each ride. :thumbsup:

I'm curious what your secret is for chain maintenance? What is your cleaning and lubing routine? On average, how many miles do you get from a chain and sprockets?

Also, in regards to cleaning/polishing the bike... do you give it a bath, or just use a bottle of detail/polish?

Thanks for the motivation!

I'm curious what your secret is for chain maintenance? What is your cleaning and lubing routine? On average, how many miles do you get from a chain and sprockets?

Also, in regards to cleaning/polishing the bike... do you give it a bath, or just use a bottle of detail/polish?

Thanks for the motivation!
Please see below. That's the only thing I use. Nothing else. I lube it every 500 miles or so. If I remember it right, I get around maybe 30,000 miles on the chain and sprockets or close to it. I'm not an aggressive rider at all. I'm sure that helps a lot.:)

I don't give it a bath that often unless it's really filty. I just put warm water in a bucket and use micro fiber towel to wipe it down then polish with Pledge.

Here's the chain with a little over 2,000 miles on it. Sorry about the picture quality. I took it when it was cloudy early in the morning.
c506f0c8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back