Adjusting Brake Sensitivity

Dark|LoTuS

Registered
Ok, here comes a stupid question.  Or maybe not considering that I am new to the entire bike scene.  Today I was out riding for the first time in a few weeks, due to crappy weather.  I noticed the numbers 1-5 located on the brake controls.  The "dial" is set at the #1 position.  Is this common?  What do the numbers actually mean?  Being a rookie, where should mine be set to?

Woooo that's a mouthful!!!!!

all that does is moves the brake lever in and out to adjust it to your hand.

don't move the lever too close to your hand though!!!,when you adjust them you want them close enough to be easier to grab but far enough away that you still have to roll off the throttle to use them. adjust them too close and there is a tendency to not roll off all the way,especially in more 'abrupt' situations

Welcome to the board. The adjustment has no effect on braking power, it just helps to compensate for riders with small or large hands. Try the different settings to find out which one feels the best.
wink.gif

Most everbody said what I would have said, its personal riding preference for you. Wecome to the board!
smile.gif

Settings as followed.

1. Trackdays only
2. Drag racing
3. Squid position
4. Cruising
5. Stoppies

laugh.gif
Seriously though, the adjustments are for comfort

Don't let these guys mess with your mind? That little wheel with the numbers is wired directly to the ejection seat. The numbers represent the height the seat will eject you in case of an emergency. Make sure the fuse isn't blown or it won't work?

Just teasing you mate! Welcome to the wonderful world of two wheels. Enjoy your busa, it's a wonderful ride
smile.gif

Back