Aerodynamic clothing

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
I've been making a few high speed runs and noticed quite abruptly at around 160 that one of my textile jackets doesn't make for much of an aero effect at those speeds. It actually began to sort of flutter and make noise. Scared the hell out of me at first and then I realized what it was. Hadn't thought about that part of the Busa 'experience' as a buck forty or so is all the stock geared CBXs will do.
biggrin.gif
Good thing my other jacket seems to work ok so I won't have to go out and get another...cause, yes, I'm addicted. How many more have had this experience?

IMG015__Small_.JPG

I had a leather Icon jacket that was a size too big ( I actually lost weight and it became too big) It would flap at anything above 60. And it gave me a HUGE headache on an hour long ride cause it kept slapping my lid...SO I sold it and got an A* jacket that is quite a bit tighter...but no more flap. So I am happy

I blew out a jacket once.  The seam where the sleeve attached.  The whole back side, shreaded beyond repair.  I was only doing about 120mph.  

That was in the late 80s, guess they didn't make em for speed back then.  But I have always worn leather since.

SHOCKED.gif
jump9.gif

It's not a problem with leather jackets designed for sport riding
wink.gif

actually it be better to suit up in 1 piece suit or 2 piece suit , n helmet fitting size also an issue TOO BIG size u be having turblance and be kissing the front mouth piece for anything above 220km/hr , as faster we go .. air pressure will press on us more .GEARS fitting must be right .

Try the Speedmaster line from JoeRocket. The jackets are fantastic and fit me perfectly.
I also have a CORONA Suzuki Joe Rocket jacket that fits very nicely with zero flapping.
I have an oversized Joe Rocket Meteor 4 textile jacket and it buffets like crazy at anything over 110mph, my ICON Skull 2XL also flaps too much for my taste.

My Harley jacket is awesome at speed. All those little frilly things sort of tickle.

WHOOPS! Sorry, wrong forum.
DOUBLE WHOOPS! Sorry, wrong board!

(Juggler @ Oct. 31 2006,10:46) My Harley jacket is awesome at speed.  All those little frilly things sort of tickle.

WHOOPS!  Sorry, wrong forum.
DOUBLE WHOOPS!  Sorry, wrong board!
jump9.gif

(Shibumi @ Oct. 31 2006,16:11)
(ozz @ Oct. 31 2006,16:36) I usually dont wear anything
wow.gif
   I only get flapping when i stand up
tounge.gif
Yeah, but I bet it's a high frequency flapping...  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
DOH!!! it is but when it does happen it flaps real fast...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back