Air Filter Comparison:Stock/BMC/K&N

Called the dealer for a replacement Air Filter and the dealer said that it is a speical order item and the price is $48.99.I was wondering what is the price for the BMC and the K&N filter and what is the advantage of using either of the other filter than stock.I know that replacing the stock air filter would mean shelling out almost $50 per replacement.I don't like blowing out the stock air filter with the air hose cause I think that would not clean out the filter that good as having a new one installed.Any info is welcome.Thanks

Just had my 7500 mile service, they checked my air filter. It was fine, replaced about 7000 miles ago. Payed $79.00 for a BMC. Did not have to clean it yet. Filter suppost to last about 100,000 miles ?
And yes it did give me more HP.. :)

First thing I changed on the busa was putting a BMC air filter in and steel braided hydraulic lines. More horse power and more braking power. ;-)

Also, I firmly believe in re-usability. I've only put 1000 miles on it since the filter was installed and it's looking clean.

One of the easiest horse power increase methods there is.

Z

Back