Akra Ti Evo Exhaust

I like the sound bytes you put on the site. I also like the sound of those cans! I don't want my bike too loud but I do want a deeper, more throaty sound than the stock cans put out. I wish I could hear the Akra cans in person...

I also wish I could hear comparable sound bytes from Yosh cans...

Nice looking bike. Congrats on the new pipe.
jump9.gif

I like the sound bytes you put on the site. I also like the sound of those cans! I don't want my bike too loud but I do want a deeper, more throaty sound than the stock cans put out. I wish I could hear the Akra cans in person...

yeah, Yoshi's are supposed to be nice to.

Oh, and... Welcome to the board... I think... Er, uh, zero posts??

I noticed in your pictures that you had your bike on a Pit Bull rear stand with spools. I just bought one and it didn't lift my bike as easily as I expected it to, so I stopped as I didn't want to dump it. Any pointers on lifting it onto the rear stand for the first time?

The new pipe looks great by the way - it tucks in nice and tight. How long did it take you to install? I am considering Akra or Yosh at the moment.

kent sheldon

I noticed in your pictures that you had your bike on a Pit Bull rear stand with spools.  I just bought one and it didn't lift my bike as easily as I expected it to, so I stopped as I didn't want to dump it.  Any pointers on lifting it onto the rear stand for the first time?

The new pipe looks great by the way - it tucks in nice and tight.  How long did it take you to install?  I am considering Akra or Yosh at the moment.

kent sheldon
It is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Keep the kickstand down (just in case). stand at the rear on the left side of bike. Manuever stand with right hand and use sissy bar with left hand. lean body against bike to stand it up some... I always leave it leaning a hair towards me just in case. Line up pit bull with spools, and push down with right, while pulling up and back with left.

BTW - Always put kickstand back down (all of the way) before setting her back down.

Hope this helps brotha!

-Rip.

Oh, and...  Welcome to the board...  I think...  Er, uh, zero posts??
Oracle, it's me... WannaBusa. Well, I was Wannabusa, then BullitTrain and finally BulletTrain. My post count is correct again now but my old posts under WannaBusa show as "Guest Unregistered".
rock.gif

Oracle,

I saw the picture of your bike from the back and really liked the length that you cut your rear fender and that you left the stock turn signals in place. Its a great look.

What did you use to cut your fender and what did you use as a template. Thanks again for your input

Kent

Oh, and...  Welcome to the board...  I think...  Er, uh, zero posts??
Oracle, it's me... WannaBusa. Well, I was Wannabusa, then BullitTrain and finally BulletTrain. My post count is correct again now but my old posts under WannaBusa show as "Guest Unregistered".  
rock.gif
Dude...

You tricked me with the name change!

So, you got it now? What year, color, etc... What mods are you planning?

Peace out bro, Rip.

Oracle,

I saw the picture of your bike from the back and really liked the length that you cut your rear fender and that you left the stock turn signals in place. Its a great look.

What did you use to cut your fender and what did you use as a template.  Thanks again for your input

Kent
Kent,

checkout post.  It shows everything.

If that link doesn't work, it is under: Technical » Modifications

And the title is: "rear fender trimming"

Hope this helps, Vaughn.

dyno'd? have you gotten your bike dyno'd?
Dyno'd? not yet... Should I?

I hear if the shop doesn't have the proper tools, they really can't do much for me...

And, Dynojet told me that the custom map that came with it, should cover me pretty well.

My local shop wants like $200+ to map 'er. Is it worth it?

What do you guys think?

-Rip

I got a silver/grey '03. First mod will probably be lowering. I also plan to get wheels and eventually custom paint it. Any power mods will be geared toward the 1/4 mile.
wink.gif

Also, the PCIIIr map didn't come with ignition table stuff... Can the dyno shop do this? Can they adjust timing? Will I see a marked improvement? Is there anybody out there?

Back