Am I Too Small for the BUSA?

OB_Horse

Registered
:eek:
Hey for Folks who are 5FT 7inches tall is the Busa a hard bike to ride? Does it bend your lower back like a CBR900RR or a GSXR750?

I am looking for one & have not sat on one to get the feel -- Tell me what you all think?

James
Alarcon@sirinet.net
580-351-9157

Iam on the Hunt for one...let me know where they are.

I'm 5'9" with an old back and it fits me fine stock. You can lower the bike an inch or so be easing the preload screw.

Definitely sit on one for a while before you buy. Be advised that the bike sits a lot more comfortably above 40mph. It's least comfortable at stop lights and on show room floors.

I'm 5'11", but I wouldn't steer you away from the Bus. If you can get one toe on the ground at stoplights, you're good to go. DO NOT lower the rear by backing off the preload. If all you need is an inch or two, just slot your dog-bones. Make sure to dump the front by a similar amount so that you don't end up with a chopper. God bless.

I'm 5'9 & 3/4"

Busa was built for me. I fit around it like part of the bodywork, not perched on top looking like a lost parrot (my mate 6'8"!!)

Both feet comfortably flat on floor. Can get easily behind screen and see clocks fully normal riding position. No pain anywhere.

GO blk & charcoal. They are faster. ask 'lantabusa!! :)

Stay Safe

NumbNuts

I am 5'6" and have no problems.I cant place both feet flat on the ground, but i can reach the foot pegs at any speed.

I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam. No problems at all. Although, because my legs are big I can only put the ball of my feet on the ground. But I know a girl who's 5'6" who has the same inseam and can flat foot the bike because her legs are smaller in diameter.

I think you will find that the Hayabusa has the lowest "effective" seat hight of ANY of the sportbikes currently offered. I think because the seat is flat and the area where you put your legs down is narrow.

Try sitting on a ZX12R....whoa! That sucker is tall due to the crowned seat.

At 5'7" the Busa feels great to Me!

Maybe it's because I fitted Mine with the Gen-Mar Handlebar Risers?(talk about comfort!)

Lowered it with the Mcintosh adjustable rear lowering links

And

The JCS adjustable Triple Clamp.....

"Doesn't get any better than that"

Back