AMA Superbike champ

species0113

Registered
just a couple pics: my son and i on Ben Spies' bike at mid-ohio last year after he wrapped it up. and my son and Ben discussing race strategy.
beerchug.gif

DSC01614Small.jpg

DSC01620Small.jpg

Great pics - thanks for sharing. I met Ben in 05 at Road Atlanta... no pics like that though...

i was at that race too!!! i met Ben shortly after coming off the podium

Very cool pics!!

Ben's a superclass act. He also looked genuinely thrilled to take a picture with your son. Big respect to the #11 (#1 this season).

(05 Busa LE @ Apr. 23 2007,06:01) Awesome pics, and pretty cool, too ... something your son will never forget!
your right about him never forgetting it. we were in the tent the night before when that mini tornado came through. half the tents there were pulled up and sent flying. i was inside the tent hanging from the tent poles trying to keep it from going airbourne. while other peoples tent poles and tent pegs were hitting our tent. one pole went through our tent like a spear. through both sides. itlooked like a space battle outside from camp fire ambers blowing around catching stuff on fire. my wife and 2 boys ( 2 & 6 ) were screaming while i was lying through my teeth saying its just some wind, everything is going to be ok. luckily it was. the next mourning i picked up at least 20 pegs and poles around my tent. the track owners gave us free tickets to the race again this year for sticking it out and not leaving. i was forced to buy a camper as soon as i got home. they said theyd never sleep in a tent again.
P.S. Eddie Bauer tent for sale, a few holes and one bad memory. cheap.
SHOCKED.gif

(species0113 @ Apr. 23 2007,09:37)
(05 Busa LE @ Apr. 23 2007,06:01) Awesome pics, and pretty cool, too ... something your son will never forget!
your right about him never forgetting it. we were in the tent the night before when that mini tornado came through. half the tents there were pulled up and sent flying. i was inside the tent hanging from the tent poles trying to keep it from going airbourne. while other peoples tent poles and tent pegs were hitting our tent. one pole went through our tent like a spear. through both sides. itlooked like a space battle outside from camp fire ambers blowing around catching stuff on fire. my wife and 2 boys ( 2 & 6 ) were screaming while i was lying through my teeth saying its just some wind, everything is going to be ok. luckily it was. the next mourning i picked up at least 20 pegs and poles around my tent. the track owners gave us free tickets to the race again this year for sticking it out and not leaving. i was forced to buy a camper as soon as i got home. they said theyd never sleep in a tent again.
SHOCKED.gif
luckily for us, we were out to dinner when that mini tornado came through. when we got back to the camp grounds it looked like a battle zone. we lucked out and only had one peg come out of the tent... other than that, everything was fine!

ben is an awesome dude, he signed some shirts for me to take back to my buddy's boys. most of the riders were super cool!!!

(ozzy04 @ Apr. 24 2007,06:30)
SHOCKED.gif
luckily for us, we were out to dinner when that mini tornado came through. when we got back to the camp grounds it looked like a battle zone. we lucked out and only had one peg come out of the tent... other than that, everything was fine!

ben is an awesome dude, he signed some shirts for me to take back to my buddy's boys. most of the riders were super cool!!!
did you get the free tickets for this year?
super.gif

(species0113 @ Apr. 24 2007,09:40)
(ozzy04 @ Apr. 24 2007,06:30)
SHOCKED.gif
luckily for us, we were out to dinner when that mini tornado came through.  when we got back to the camp grounds it looked like a battle zone.  we lucked out and only had one peg come out of the tent...  other than that, everything was fine!  

ben is an awesome dude, he signed some shirts for me to take back to my buddy's boys.  most of the riders were super cool!!!
did you get the free tickets for this year?
super.gif
hell no.............

Back