Amount of oil

OB_Sabor

Registered
Yes Stupid Question I should remember but I have enough on my mind.. Lost manual and shop manual is back-ordered... SO how many quarts of oil does the busa take w/filter change..?

Sabor

Sabor,I did a posting on "Do it yourself oil change",and I notice someone else said that they didn't need to take off the inner right side black plastic part,that is true but it does make it harder for the right side fairing to be put back on due to the coolant unit and hose getting in the way and if you are doing your own oil change you need only remove the right side plastic and make sure to put a old sock/rubber glove over your foot brake unit so that you don't scratch your plastic.Hope this helps you.I made the mistake of filling 4qts instead of 3.7qts with a new filter change and I think it's 3.3qts with out filter change.Ride Safe
Thanks Sherm for finding my mistake,I guess I shouldn't stand in front of the bike while trying to give instructions on Right or Left side,should have been sitting on the bike.

[This message has been edited by Cisco San Jose (edited 06 September 1999).]

What do you need oil for? It's a pain to change and costs good bucks.

I did what they said to do on those TV infomercials for LubriTech etc. additives, and I just don't use any engine oil anymore.

The bike runs much faster because I'm not wasting valuable horsepower pumping oil around all those baffles and galleries.

I can run without an oil filter or cooler and I have now, on their advice, disconnected my entire cooling system and thrown out that heavy radiator.

Save money. Run faster.

Go with the pros.

Back