Another "how much can I sell my bike for?" thread...

denraweb

Registered
So I wanna sell my '06 busa, but not sure what to ask for it. I was thinking around $6.5k/$6k for it but not so sure... Here's the specs and a quick pic (i'll get more later if needed)

Year: 2006
Milage: 23k (Highway commuting and touring)
Title: It should be clean, but I'll double check. How much would it make a difference if it was salvage title lets say for a theft recovery?
Tagged: Yes

Ok, so let me try to make this real simple:

Pros:
-dual Ixil slip ons (nice deep tone)
-Lowered with links in rear and triple tree up front
-Undertail with LED tail lights
-Double bubble wind screen
-2 3.5" speakers mounted just above the ram air ducts under the grips
-2 sets of wheels (LE silver sets currently on the bike, and OEM blacks with polished lips)
-OEM Plastics
-Chatterbox Alarm
-New donut gaskets on mid pipes
-Front running lights mod

Cons:
-plastics were repainted wet jet black. Color looks amazing, but the painter could have done better. There is a small run on the nose, and a couple of tiny places where the paint didnt adhere. Also a couple of scuffs on the solo cowl from getting off and on
-Rear tire will need to be replaced in the near future (hasn't hit wear marks yet and doesn't have any flat spots or abnormal wear)
-Alarms starter kill is not wired up, but the shock sensor still works fine
-I don't have a rear seat, but will buy one for the potential buyer
-I think I'm missing 2 of the allen head bolts that secure the fairings

Will also throw in a M helmet (HJC) and a pair of M gloves

IMAG0178.jpg

salvage title will drastically reduce the price. Never says on the title why it's salvage.

I wouldn't touch a salvaged bike, or any vehicle. (yes, some can be fixed correctly). Me and my girl are worth the extra money,,, period...

Ask 7k and let them talk ya down to what they'll pay. I'd expect High 5's out of it. Probly pull some of the aftermarket stuff off and sell it seperate, as well as the other set of wheels. Tell the buyer to choose which set he wants and option the other set to him for $500.
Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Check cycletrader or craigslist. completed listings on ebay might also help.
P.S. better to be up front with the truth about the bike's title.

Best of luck.

Ask 7k and let them talk ya down to what they'll pay. I'd expect High 5's out of it. Probly pull some of the aftermarket stuff off and sell it seperate, as well as the other set of wheels. Tell the buyer to choose which set he wants and option the other set to him for $500.
Good idea. But do wheels really go for that much? They don't have tires, just the bearings...

:thumbsup:i bet you can get that if the title is clean. i agree with Fastfrog, ask $7k and see what you can get.
Checked it last night to be 100%, it's clean.

I would ask $12,500 'cause you dont really wanna sell it , do you? :laugh:
Lol, idk, I'm so on the fence about it!

Do a search on what are they going on your area and set a price (in your mind) that you would let it go, advertise the bike a lil higher with some room to negociate. Start off lil high but not too high that will scare a potential buyer.

Do a search on what are they going on your area and set a price (in your mind) that you would let it go, advertise the bike a lil higher with some room to negociate. Start off lil high but not too high that will scare a potential buyer.
Some guy just sold his for I think 6 looks just like mine but with black wheels and a different exhaust system. I think it was an 05 but not sure. Other than that theres an 01 for 5.5 with a custom paintjob...

I was thinkin with tires, I'd think at least $300 for the set.

Yea, but mine dont have tires.

just a thought
i got a friend that has a 06 LE with about the same miles
he is asking 5k for and has had it for sale since xmas

Back