Another hump mod

Busa Dreamin

Registered
First let me say this site is a great source of information and that the people that post how to do modifications should be thanked over and over again. I see now how much it takes to put a mod post together.

I came up with this idea from this ebay ad. Which is a good deal for what it is, and its $10.00 less then they sell it for on there site and you get free shipping.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-Hayabusa-GSXR1300-Hump-Glove-Box-storage_W0QQitemZ4638346594QQcategoryZ35580QQssPag
eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">ebay link</a>

But sometimes I get bored and like to find projects to do so I looked at this modification and started thinking. First I took the plastic off of the hump and as the picture shows drew a line where I wanted to cut, I decided to leave the outside age for a little extra strength.
I used a dremel tool with a cutoff bit to cut the center out. The next picture shows the plastic after the rough cut. I had originally planned to use a piece of wood from a hobby store to put inside, See the pic, I broke the wood while cutting it, Which wasn’t a problem because I knew Elmer’s glue would fix it. But after thinking about it I thought if I were to store something heavy inside like a camera it might crack again so I thought maybe I can use the plastic that I cut out of the center. I mounted the plastic with a couple of small hinges at one end and Velcro at the other. I had a little bit of a problem with the hinges because the spacing for the screws was at the edge of the raised part of the plastic, a longer single hinge would probably work better, I would put a screw in the center of each of raised area. If you look close at the picture of the hinges you can see where I drilled a hole in the center of the hinge for a screw.
This is not my best work but it is an place that won’t be seen by many, As you can see it’s not too difficult of a job and the wood or a piece of metal could be used in the middle.
Enjoy.

Hump_1.jpg

when you get it done post the finished product. good ideas keep them comin

Are those magnets? I might be to early with this if your still puttin pics and info up. Any real weight gonna open the hatch.

I was gonna say that or magnets. I just didn't think it was. Will it hold weight or open when used? Simple latch would fix it.

I was looking for some kind of latch, but couldn't find anything. So I thought I would try the Velcro.
It holds my sunpass transponder on my car windshield without a problem, I guess I will see if it works. if not I will find a latch or something.

I did this instead of the screw mod for the hump... I DID use a latch though.

PS: if you wear "light clothes" in the summer, You CAN stash a shirt, shorts, baseball cap, socks, and a tube of sunscreen (in a zip-loc bag of course) in there, in combination with the tail area and possibly even a set of "teva" sandles in there.. I know I did.

If you don't have much more then your manual, tool kit, and a pcIII in there, That is.

<!--EDIT|Dopesick Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147832896 -->

Back