ANY HEAT RELATED PROBLEMS WITH FAIRINGS

coop65sr

Donating Member
Registered
Anyone know of any HEAT-RELATED issues after installing their Yoshi Tri-Oval 4-2-1 system where what I would call the "midpipe" section of the exhaust?
rock.gif

I am wondering if there is any issue with the exhaust heating up and hurting or causing any heat damage to any areas of the cowlings where it is close under the bottom of the bike...I just saw one busa with some heatwrap on his yosh full system where the exhaust came out from the cowlings. I don't like the way it looked---looked like a big "BAND-AID" on the exhaust!!!
laugh.gif
So I was just wondering and if there are issues, what are ya'll using to prevent damage??

on my bike, I let the 2 section on the 4-2-1 header get to close to my fairing and it melted a little on the inside. I didn't have any problem with the midpipe section.

Highly suggested that you use some shielding. I ordered a couple of sheets from Street N Track (board sponser)

I lined the inside of the fairing, the cross bracket of the lower fairing and the wing was lined also. I did both sides of the lower fairing almost up to the side openings.

Since I had it..use it up. Clean with rubbing alcohol before appying.

You can see some of it in the picture. I peeled off the old from the factory and replaced with new.

runeight...

102_0278.JPG

thanks guys...I will see about getting some shielding as well...will have to shoot Charles an email on availability and pricing on some....I'm just about to order a PCIIIusb from him soon anyway...THANKS FOR THE INPUT!!!--Chris

Back