anybody running 180 tire?

extensive

Donating Member
Registered
running a smaller tire would help with turn in for the twisities... anybody out there running a 180 rear tire? pros...cons...?

I think Charlesbusa but I may be wrong.

I use 180/55 makes a difference. if you like twisties go to the 55 profile tire.

there are ALOT here using the 180/55 or now you can get a bunch of 190/55 also.

I went back to the 190.Next time,I will try the 180/55,a little taller than 190 but will turn in better.Make it one than bites good cause you will have less of a contact patch in a straight line.Great mod if you run twisty roads alot.

The 180 is a great mod for track days or twisty roads.

As mentioned...the 190/55 is an even better bet.....

and as a point of intrest?...rear tire profile diameters also play a huge role in the actual top-end-speed of your busa...to wit?...

DYNOTOPSPEED.jpg

as the ecu, tach/speedo have no idea what your true tire diameter is...and the larger it is?..the higher your top-end-speeds achieved will be.

The above was accomplished with a 190/50 Dunlop Qualifier...later that day a guy with a busa resistering 1.5 more RWHP than mine was only able to achieve 177mph..and i believe he was running M3's.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

(vman1300 @ Apr. 06 2007,08:09) The 180 is a great mod for track days or twisty roads.

i commute a lot and im still trying to find twisty roads here in va beach...
sad.gif
i think im still going to try it out.

(vman1300 @ Apr. 06 2007,08:09) The 180 is a great mod for track days or twisty roads.

+1 next tire change i'm going to try the 190/55. up untill recently if you wanted 55 profile you had to go to 180, unless you wanted race tire.

any good sites i can order tires from? i normally get them at southwest moto tires but they dont seem to have 190/55.

I can't comment on the 190/55 on handling,never tried it.The guys that do alot of track days are the one's that know that.But I do know its a heavier tire,thats more rotating mass.Just a thought,good luck on your decision.
beerchug.gif

Been running 180 series for more than a year! This and the raising links have helped missile in the corners big time!!

Once I went 180, I never went back. Thinner tire lets you scrape hard parts faster - but that was just a one time pilot ignorance error on my part

I went to a 180/55 Metzler M3 and I will never go back to a 190. I love the tire!! I've put over 17K miles on two sets and its the best handling setup for my riding style.

Yeah, Charlesbusa and BA Busa have used them. Like them.

I found a 190/55 out here for about $170 (didn't buy it) but apparently, that's a pretty good price. Poke around and you may be able to find 'em.

The 180's are priced more competitively.

--Wag--

my new 180/55 came in today...gotta get it mounted and scrubbed in for the Bash
beerchug.gif
can't wait to try it out

(extensive @ Apr. 06 2007,10:53) any good sites i can order tires from? i normally get them at southwest moto tires but they dont seem to have 190/55.
I've sure had good luck with Dennis Kirk. They also happen to have a "Best Price Guaranty."

Prompt shipment, and good customer service. DennisKirk.com or, here's there page for the 190/55/17;

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp....av=5662

Back