BEST BUSA MODS!

Frank Adams

Registered
I'm starting this topic so we'll have an easier way to find info, FAST!

List a Mod that you know about and maybe a brief discription on details.

Another reason I've started this topic is because....

I'm going to be telling everyone in a couple of days about some NEW, GREAT Mods!!!!

So Lets get our lists started!

What Mods do you know of?

Dymag Custom Carbon wheels
Race Tech suspension work
Brake Tech Superlight Rotors w/Ferodo pads
Goodridge lines in front
Titanium rotor in rear

...I haven't commited to any engine mods yet, as I don't know which are actualy helpful, nor do I know for shur what direction I wish to take...if i try a turbo, I won't want to have just spent $1500 on a pipe...I have been observing what you all have been doing from here and will look with interest for resopnces to frank's thead, especialy when he details his engine mods...when frank speak Hapo listen...

tri oval pipe,air box mod,pc11,a-tech carbon fiber,pilots,kevlar brake lines,dunlop hh pads,mototeck blue dashs,piaa platinum bulbs gel carbon seat,carbon tank bra, i can`t stop!!!!

ray

I can't believe nobodies mentioned the
Gen-mars risers yet?

How about some of those neat Mods like the one with the Footrest, or the Rear Fender Mod?

Can't forget about the Kick Stand Mod, that was a good one!

I think the ones that I'm going to talk about Weds evening, are probably going to be My two favorite.

Not trying to play games here, just getting some more facts on these two before the questions start.

BTW, JeffW web site is one of the best yet for detailed Busa info!

How about some of these Mods:

1. bored thottle bodies
2. bored fuel injectors & fuel pressure
3. lectron carbs
4. dyna ignitons
5. turbos
6. nitrous
7. beadlock rims
8. lockup clutch
9. billit clutch cover
10. airshifter

Anyone heard of any Busa's with that stuff on it yet?

ok lets see 1) cut rear fender 2) hindle pipe carbon can 3) pc 2 map #003 4) flush marker lighs on rear # 1 5) removed pair pump / micron plates 6) air box mod / just cut under filter 7) taped airbox where it meets frame future mods, tires 207 or pilots, air filter, shorter stacks, rear sprocket.

tapeworks,vortex sprocket,fastline brake lines,HQR chain,polished frame,short stacks,PC2,cut box,genmars,pilot front,TX25 200 on rear,engine..swingarm..wheels..everything I could get off chrome,remove pair pump,block off plates,bra,texas fender elim.,micron pipe,lockhart shield,ram air sealed,hyper white bulbs,turn sigs in tail light,gsxr pegs front and rear...that`s about it on stock engined bike. Other one in progress....

As soon as you get home:

fender chop/flushmounts,Double Bubble windscreen,reflector removal,footpeg mod(if desired),Saeng Radar detector mount,Valentine one radar detector w/remote,Scorpio alarm w/pager,LP bar end mirror,Suzuki tank bra. Est.total $1100

After break in:

Pipe of choice,Lazergaurd chain gaurd or hugger,system remap,clutch mod,get out your camera and take pictures frying the rear tire-replace with Michelin Pilots.(anything other than Battlax's) Est. total cost $1200+

There's much more to do but I doubt many guys will spend over 3-5 K on mods...unless you have the same disease I do.

[This message has been edited by Squid Vicious (edited 14 March 2000).]

I see where a couple of guys used duck tape for sealing of the ram air tubes.

I tried that and when it came time for spark plugs and a few other things, it seamed like a lot of wasted work!

I wonder if there is a better way to seal off those tubes?

Back