best exaust?

scobbie

Registered
Firstly i have been looking for a site like this for the past 2 weeks and finally I have found this with all the info i need as u guys are very versed in the hayabusa field.

What I want to know is which exaust would u all advise me to use in my stock busa 99. I would like to get the loudest one possible as our laws back home (trinidad, the caribbean) aren`t enforced and we have no emission laws either.

I want to just add an exaust, some air filter and a jet kit for now.
Also I would like to know what kinda spark plugs and wires u all use.

So far I have heard on this site about hindle, Ti, bde and such.........but what I am intrested in is the side winder such as the muzzy as i have been told there are very loud, I have also heard about star racing and dbd side winders so could u all please advise me on these.

Thanks for all your help

If you are just looking for loud go with either a short Dragpipe or a D&D exhaust. Also the busa doesn't require a jet kit, because its fuel injected and therefore if you are going to change the overall exhaust system i recommend you get a PCIIIusb. As for filters all depends, there's often a raging debate on filters BMC and K&N seem to be the top choices though.

Congrats on the bike and WELCOME to the BOARD!

WOuld not recommend a sidewinder for street use only. IF this is purely for sound a standard muzzy pipe will be just fine.

One thing I forgot to mention fellas.......I was thinking about just taking out the silencer from within my stock exaust....I saw on another site that this was a possibility but I would rather take advice from u guys......so what do u all think and as I said NOISE in NOT A PROBLEM.
The bike that I have home is a 1985 gs 750 suzuki and it had stock exhaust but I took that out and had guy built me a 4 into one pipe with a magaphone barrel and that thing was the loudest thing around.........no 1100 could come close to the decibels that thing rang out. I had to do some air filter work too as now the stock filter were to restricting so I took those out and well living in trinidad aftermarket or even stock parts was near to impossible so I just got some a thin wire mesh that they use to strain sediment from a plastic factory and that thing together with my exhaust totally transformed my bike my bike. We also replaced our stock coils with coils from evolution and RX-7 cars and they performed pretty well.......but I know that these new breed of bikes that these things wont be possible..........
Well thanks to u all for the speedy input.
Keep them coming.

Busa bro why not use a sidewinder for street use? The exhaust is purely for NOISE.........thats the only way u get some respect on the roads back home.........four of my friend got ran off the road like that cause the bikes was too silent.

if your going for noise....can't beat the dump!!!
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076610907 -->

From what i understand you can burn up your motor or somethin. These exhausts are specifically made for dragging. Short bursts. Drag racing guys can tell you more. But i wanted to do the same thing. And they all said not a good idea.

Busa bro why not use a sidewinder for street use?  The exhaust is purely for NOISE.........thats the only way u get some respect on the roads back home.........four of my friend got ran off the road like that cause the bikes was too silent.
no back pressure is bad for your valves. Go with a less expensive pipe like D&D there loud and offer very little performance.

From what i understand you can burn up your motor or somethin.  These exhausts are specifically made for dragging.  Short bursts.  Drag racing guys can tell you more.  But i wanted to do the same thing.  And they all said not a good idea.
Not only that but clearance issues. I don't think you could take a right hand turn without hitting the exhaust on the ground. As soon as that hit something it would be like making a turn with your kickstand down!

DoooOOOOOWWWWW!

gezzzz..man there are so many exhaust to chose from.......thanks for all the input from everyone its been very insightful. Got busa is the pipe u are talkin about the muzzy sidewinder? Ok busa bro i get what u are sayin. As for cache thats the pipes I was thinkin about just because it has the removable baffle, man I never knew there were so many freakin exhaust. Hey how about just takin out the silencer parts from the stock? Anyone ever heard about doing this?

Well thanks again, I hope u guys have not gotten tired about this topic as I am very new to this new breed of bike.
Going to check out the yosh bde and muzzy site now.....

From what I have seen thus far the best by power gains is the bde gen 111 and as far as sound its the hmf big bird and muzzy.

Back