Best phone mount options.....

Ked0607

Registered
So I got my ram mount and marked and cut it as instructed to mount in the stem hole. It is tight yet the base keeps moving. Is there a better option for the ram mount on the GEN 3? I loved it on my 07 GIXXER 1000. Just cant get the base to feel secure enough to mount a $1200 phone in it. Let me see how you all have your phone mounted.

I use the ram ball mount on the left side, slid the clutch master up a bit for room, and the stem mount too..I added a star washer to give it more grip, didnt come loose all last summer, the oyjer ball bar mount I use for my val 1

ok anyone know what size the stem hole is on the GEN 3? I looked everywhere and cant find my slide caliper.....

I put my phone in a small magnetic tank bag along with keys, wallet, garage door opener, covid anti-bacterial, bottled water, cable lock, etc. You get the idea. A magnetic bag will stick on the back half of the tank and mine doesn't scratch the tank. I answer the phone with my Sena headset. I didn't like the idea of my expensive phone sitting in the hot sun and perhaps in a sudden rainstorm, having to pull over lightning fast to get it out of the weather and also the dust getting all over it. Also, when getting gas, all it takes is an attentive thief to run and grab it in a second and be gone before you know what happened. Today, cells are like jewelry to thieves. There was even a suggestion while in your car, to lock the doors while getting gas because thieves were opening the passenger door while you're filling your tank and stealing cells. My 02 cents.

Back