big bore kit on the street

dirtmcgirk

Registered
Hey guys, I have a 02 busa that needs new rings, im thinking about the 1396 kit while I have it torn down but im concerned about it overheating on the street. Any info on how hot it will run or if its streetable at all?

There's a wealth of info on here. Second fan, upgraded blades, move the temp switch, get a different temp switch, use better coolant, have a manual switch on it, etc...

How about a thorough cleaning of the cooling system, new t-stat, dual fans, a manual switch for the fans. Also make sure to check the gauge sender for accuracy.

I'm gonna suggest something here alot of builders won't tell you,there is a kit in between stock & 1397..The 1363 kit can give you the power gain most want without sacraficing the ridability of your bike and having to use 24v starting...I have a couple packages I can put together that will suffice any power level you want...

I always recommend a good system cleansing on new motor build,and have a few secrets that most never do when they do new builds ..

All excellent suggestions....

My 1397 was an everyday rider and touring rig. Heat was only an issue on those days where things hit near 100 and you were in heavy traffic.

There's 2 types of 1397 kits. The street version and the high compression race kit. Get the street one and you'll be fine.

mine is fine even with 13:1 comp. as long as you keep comp. low all you need is to upgrade stock battery to a 14s and your fine. I had some heating issues b4 big bore and it didnt change after. went with ice and helped.

i don't think that dual fans would be too hard to do, or the muzzy's blades. now upgrading a single stock battery sounds fine as well. have you tried ecuedit? you can turn down the cranking speed for a high comp/big bore motor, i've heard that's supposed to help, but no one's verified it.

Back