bike wont start help!!!

gazzy

Registered
went for run this morning stopped bike for half hr , then come to start it nothing ? not even ticking over ,just making the ready check sound, battery ok got battery charger on it when not in use ,bikes only 6 mths old , any ideas anyone?? thanks .

Then it's the clutch switch, kickstand switch, starter button, starter relay or tilt/tip sensor.
Turn the ignition off and the kill switch off, have bike in neutral.
Now turn on the ignition and the gauges should run their cycle, now turn the kill switch to run, the fuel pump should now prime. If not suspect the tilt/tip sensor. Pull clutch in and push start button.
(If it's in neutral and not starting that takes the kickstand switch out of the equation.)
When you push the start button do you hear the click of the starter relay?
If so your clutch switch, starter button and starter relay are working and you'll have to investigate further on why the starter is not turning.
If you hear no click with the start button check your fuses. if they are good you will have to systematicaly check your clutch switch, start button and starter relay.

Last edited:
went for run this morning stopped bike for half hr , then come to start it nothing ? not even ticking over ,just making the ready check sound, battery ok got battery charger on it when not in use ,bikes only 6 mths old , any ideas anyone?? thanks .

My wife was having a very similar problem with her 06. We would go for a ride and if we stopped the bike would not start back up. All the same symptoms you described would happen until the bike cooled completely down. Then it would start. We tried recharging the battery and checked everything out. It kept happening still. We fixed it by simply getting a new battery.

Then it's the clutch switch, kickstand switch, starter button, starter relay or tilt/tip sensor.
Turn the ignition off and the kill switch off, have bike in neutral.
Now turn on the ignition and the gauges should run their cycle, now turn the kill switch to run, the fuel pump should now prime. If not suspect the tilt/tip sensor. Pull clutch in and push start button.
(If it's in neutral and not starting that takes the kickstand switch out of the equation.)
When you push the start button do you hear the click of the starter relay?
If so your clutch switch, starter button and starter relay are working and you'll have to investigate further on why the starter is not turning.
If you hear no click with the start button check your fuses. if they are good you will have to systematicaly check your clutch switch, start button and starter relay.

I agree this is a great start to finding the issue :thumbsup:

Check the battery.
There are bad ones right off the shelf.
Here is the test:

Batt Voltage.jpg

So I take it the bike is powering up just not starting? that's the case I agree with above post about it being kickstand/kill/tilt switch

If its a Gen II, I'll bet a dollar its the rectifier (charging system), Suzuki must of bought a heap of cheapies from China, alot of ppl are having probs with them. 6 mnths old should be covered under warranty ! good luck :thumbsup:

Back