BUSA 08 US to EU dashboard - problem after crash

Syber

Registered
Hello guys. I have busa 08/09 US version. I crashed it and my dashboard is KO si i bought new one with EU numbers. after replacing 30A fuse only time showed on dasboard but isnt reacting on key. Any advice pls? maybe switchbox ko? Can i put all from eu version but only not immo? thank you

243497582_4742396312445924_6499833496123002750_n.jpg

243537787_4742396522445903_7967661136083609471_n.jpg

Dual posting will not get you more responses here. Throw out a new member post , there may be people in your area willing to help. As for you question, I have no clue how to adapt that.

Got pie?

Dual posting will not get you more responses here. Throw out a new member post , there may be people in your area willing to help. As for you question, I have no clue how to adapt that.

Got pie?
i wanted delete it but cant find button

The ecu would need flashed to Europe in the country of origin for the ecu to recognize the gages.
But, as mentioned above, the U.S bike doesn't have an ignition immobilizer, so that will not work.
I went through this with a gsxr750 years ago, as the Busa format defaults to U.S settings...but the gsxr's in that version of Ecu Editor defaulted to EU...the ecu bricked in that bike(and was flashed in the bike, not on the bench)...but worked fine in another just like it.
(I ate that one, bought him a new ecu, and still have the old one, and it works in other bikes, and can also be flashed to use in a 600)
None of the ecu gurus had an explanation outside of the obvious, the 2 aren't compatable.
You can have the ecu flashed to Any country code, and it will work fine.
It's just the Immobilizer in the harness that prevents it from working properly.

The ecu would need flashed to Europe in the country of origin for the ecu to recognize the gages.
But, as mentioned above, the U.S bike doesn't have an ignition immobilizer, so that will not work.
I went through this with a gsxr750 years ago, as the Busa format defaults to U.S settings...but the gsxr's in that version of Ecu Editor defaulted to EU...the ecu bricked in that bike(and was flashed in the bike, not on the bench)...but worked fine in another just like it.
(I ate that one, bought him a new ecu, and still have the old one, and it works in other bikes, and can also be flashed to use in a 600)
None of the ecu gurus had an explanation outside of the obvious, the 2 aren't compatable.
You can have the ecu flashed to Any country code, and it will work fine.
It's just the Immobilizer in the harness that prevents it from working properly.
Will 2012/13 US gauges works as replacment fór 2008/09? Any idea? Thank you very much Sir

Will 2012/13 US gauges works as replacment fór 2008/09? Any idea? Thank you very much Sir

The 2012 will, but the abs was added in 2013, and even though the abs uses it's own control module seperate from the ecu, there is still an abs light on the dash.
You would likely have the abs light on, or possibly get an fi light with an error code...which can prevent the bike from passing many State's anual inspection.
Stay with 08-12 to prevent any headaches.

Ok.thank you sir. Last question. Any Chance make EU gauges works on US model?
The 2012 will, but the abs was added in 2013, and even though the abs uses it's own control module seperate from the ecu, there is still an abs light on the dash.
You would likely have the abs light on, or possibly get an fi light with an error code...which can prevent the bike from passing many State's anual inspection.
Stay with 08-12 to prevent any headaches.

Ok.thank you sir. Last question. Any Chance make EU gauges works on US model?

Not that I am aware of.
If the ecu was flashed to EU instead of US the gages could work, but the bike would likely not start because of the US wiring harness that has nothing for the Euro immobilizer, which the Euro gages and EU flashed ecu would be looking for.

Thank you ! Maybe flash And bypass immo but Its hard when no wires

No, there is nothing immobilizer related in Ecu Editor.
Maybe Woolrich, or Ecu Unleashed, but nothing I am aware of, and yes, doesn't matter without wiring for it.

You are into a gray area on immobilizers as Suzuki has yet to put them on U.S bikes(I thought the gen3 was going to have them, but none of the US guys bikes have them so far that I have seen).
So there is little to no info and no way to check it hands on here.
Maybe someone in Europe that does flashing would have some answers.
Regardless, I see no way to make EU gages work on a US bike because of the immobilizer issues.
If anyone knows otherwise, please share.

Back