Busa Buying Advice : 03/04/05/06?

gsferrari

Registered
Hi,

Long time lurker although I dont post much. Ive been dreaming about the Busa since the first prototype came out in a T3 magazine that I saw in UK. Ive yearned for it...lusted for it...and now I am afraid to get one.

Now afraid in the irregular sense of the word - this is not "FEAR" of the thing...but "FEAR" of what the thing can turn into - next year.

Yeah...I get pretty confusing once I hide behind the keyboard. What I am trying to say is - my fear is that I get the 05 Busa now...late in the year...and in less than 2-3 months Suzuki comes out with an upgraded 06 version with the following changes:

* Lighter
* More power
* Better suspension and brakes
* Better pipes
* Better electronics

etc.

Basically - allowing the technological advances made in the GSXR-1000 development process trickle into the Hayabusa to take it to another level.

Yes...they are not significant changes but they will make the bike a nicer bike overall wont they? I wouldnt mind paying up to 13000 for the 06 bike if it is a step up from the 05 Busa.

When will suzuki release information about the 06 model? Why are they so tight-lipped about the Busa? They released gixxer info quite early in the year right? Do they plan on developing the Busa for 06? Do they plan on discontinuing the Busa in one fell swoop?

I am certain about the following:

* If they change the cosmetics and it doesnt sit well with me - I will buy a 05 Busa without doubt because I love the design as it looks right now.

* I dont mind paint scheme changes...that doesnt bother me

* If they make any of the major mechanical changes then I might consider the 06 over the 05

* If there are no plans for 06 then I am not waiting for the 07
smile.gif
I am getting a new girlfriend NOW ;)

* if I get the 05 model - it will be either Blk/Silver or Red/Blk....or maybe Blue/Silver LOLOL
smile.gif

Sorry for spreading the paranoia...I am sacrificing a car to get the Busa so I want to do this the right way.

Gear:

* Kangaroo Leather 1 piece suit (havent decided which brand)
* Shoei RF1000 helmet

havent decided on booties and gauntlets yet...

BTW - I am 6'3" tall and 190 lbs.

I dont quite jerk off to Busas but I do get horny when I see pics of them...especially twilight pics
smile.gif
Love the curves on this bike...ooh ooh ooh
xblueman.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

dunno what to tell ya on the changes on the 06, time will tell on that one... when its time to get one though, I know some folks locally that might be able to help you out. I will say if you decide on getting the 05 after the 06s come out and are on the floor (feb time frame) then you can get a sweet deal on one
cool.gif

otherwise, get your favorite color and enjoy
biggrin.gif
btw, if you get one before the end of the month, we are going to deals gap the last weekend of sept
cool.gif

cool.gif

I am still in Austin TX. I will be moving to Raleigh this week...begin working for Cisco on Tuesday after the long weekend. Any plans for this long weekend?

BTW - email is better - please PM me your email addy.

gs

'06 Busa is still a big mystery. Info probably won't be out until sometime next month or in October. If they make big changes then you'll be in line behind a lot of us that have waited year after year for something big. The Busa is still a great bike whether they do anything to it or not, so I am pretty happy. Choice is yours, but I bet work will keep you busy for some time and maybe when you get a break we'll all know what's happening.

ok, didnt read this til after I got your PM
wink.gif
but what a small world ... my email address is @cisco.com too
laugh.gif

I work at the RTP campus and there's a buncha riders there .... drop me a PM with your id and I'll send ya some stuff
cool.gif

what building will you be in?

wow. I sent you a PM. Looks like a lot of people work there. This is my first job and the biggest paycheck of my life...I can finally pay my college tuition.

Tell me - is it practical to NOT have a car in Raleigh? I will be there for at least 1 year before moving to Cisco in Texas.
rock.gif

I know folks that do it, but I'd suggest having a car or like being cold for a few months... if the winter sux, it really sux
wink.gif
snow, ice, rain, cold

one guy I know tried to go without a car, sold his and now rides each day with his wife to work
laugh.gif
found winter to suck too bad for his warm blood
wink.gif

wink.gif

gsferrari - There's an picture floating around of what the '06 looks like (the cover a magazine out of Japan). It was a dark red'ish color with slight shape changes to the hump, but pretty much the same body style, and the same power I believe. What I've been hearing is the Busa won't REALLY change until 2007. If I was you, I wouldn't wait that long!
smile.gif
Also keep in mind, if the newer models do change, it won't have anything to do with the top-end (that's fixed at 186mph). The changes will have to do with either weight or upgraded gages (probably digital) and such. Personally I like the Busa's weight because I think it helps with its high speed stablity and stabily in windy conditions, and I don't want to see them upgrade the gages either. I like the way it looks now. I got my '05 (blue&silver) in July and love it!

Reference: "I dont quite jerk off to Busas but I do get horny when I see pics of them...especially twilight pics
smile.gif
Love the curves on this bike...ooh ooh ooh"
xblueman.gif

Hell, you just don't love it enough [...yet]! It will rock your world!
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

To me its a no brainer. wait for a few months until the 06 info is released then make you decision.

There should still be plenty of 05's left if you want one, or you can get an 06 if you so choose.

I am still not convinced the pictures floating around of the "06 Busa" are real. Still think they might be photochopped.

But I do think Suzuki has something going on for 06. Just not sure how big of a change it will be.

Just wait. a few months is no big deal.

Hmmm...good advice from all around. Waiting seems to be the most sensible thing to do - but wait a minute - nobody with "sense" would be on two wheels
tounge.gif

Just kiddin..

Let me do some research and poke around a bit for more info. I dont care about pics in a magazine as long as it isnt official info. I am leaning towards waiting...Once Suzuki reveals its plans for the 06 Busa - THEN - I will make my move.

(at least this is how I feel right now...subject to change
cool.gif
)

It's easy..

Just remember "good things come to those that wait"

Dude!! seriously. no matter what.. waiting is the best choice..

If you wait until later in the year when the 06's come out, you will have two options.

1) Purchase an 06 once you have found out what the scoop is.

2) If you decide to go with an 05, the longer in the year you wait the better chances are you can get a better price on an 05. You might find a dealer wanting to unload any 05's they have so they can get the 06's on the floor.

If you purchase one now, you probably wont get as good of a deal as if you were to wait. AND you could end up kicking yourself in the rear if the 06's come out with something slick.

Unless you are made of money, it will be difficult for you to buy and 05 and turn around and sell it anytime soon in order to get an 06

If you are made of money, then buy a fricken 05 now and buy and 06 and just have two Busa's

The path to unhappiness and destruction is short and easy, the path to happiness and tranquility is long and narrow.

The wise would wait and be happy

The impulsive would buy now and be sad (well you can never be THAT sad buying any Busa but you know what I mean
biggrin.gif
)

Patience grasshopper patience
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Jeez...I know you are right but you sound like mum
smile.gif
LOL

Im gonna poke and prod suzi to give me some info...bastids! Whats the deal with the early 06 Gixxer info and no info on the Bus?

Where are their priorities
smile.gif

tounge.gif

smile.gif

Jeez...I know you are right but you sound like mum
smile.gif
LOL

Im gonna poke and prod suzi to give me some info...bastids! Whats the deal with the early 06 Gixxer info and no info on the Bus?

Where are their priorities
smile.gif

tounge.gif
THAT my friend is the question
biggrin.gif

I heard recently someone say that the 06 Busa information SHOULD have been released by now (this was a bike shop) their thoughts were that if 06 Busa information had not been released by this time that it probably means there has been some major change to the Busa and they are waiting until the very last minute to release the information.

Oh yeah, and can I sound more like your dad than your mum please
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125375918 -->

smile.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

My dad would tell me to get the 05...and send it to him when I get the 06
tounge.gif
LOL

It is stuff like this that worries me...comments with no proof...rumor mongering...
wink.gif

http://racelubbock.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/61560048/m/7101036211

http://www.gixxer.com/ubbthre....=1&vc=1

This link is interesting because:

1] This could be the replacement for the Bus. An entirely new segment of two wheel semi-sport bikes. The Gixxer is the top of the line super-sport and the Hayabusa gets discontinued? Perhaps?

2] The author also mentions a September time-frame...maybe next month IS the month when the info will come out. What terrible timing...just as I am dying for a chance to ride a busa
sad.gif

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/25may05boostking.htm

Aah....reading stuff like this makes me ache
smile.gif

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/holybusa.html

<!--EDIT|gsferrari
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125378115 -->

...No one knows for sure Guru!!! Just buy the 05... worry less, and ride more
tounge.gif

"It's easy..

Just remember "good things come to those that wait""

Any stats on how many people died waiting for their dream to come true? Nope. Dead men tell no tales!
sad.gif

Buy now, ride now. If the '06 or '07 ends up looking better, do what I'm going to do, eBay the '05, get the new one, and ride on!
wink.gif

You can always buy a bike, but you can't buy lost time.

As soon as I return from the Suzuki Show I will let all of you know what I find out on the bike.
Any and all information released via the internet before that time is just purely speculation and/or photoshop'd pix.
I will be sure to relase any and all info I can locate. October 2-4th is the show.

ted - I tried to send you an email but it bounced back.

Where is the Suzuki-Show going to be held?

Do you anticipate any changes to the Hayabusa? Just your gut-feeling based on the differences in the documentation from the previous years to this year (I recall you mentioned something about an omission of Hayabusa info from the dealer brochure or something).

Thanks!

gs

Back