Busa compared to naked bike?

S3man

Registered
Hey all, short time lurker and first post. Mods, if this is not the best place for this topic move it.

I currently have one bike in the stable, a 2000 triumph speed triple. I love this bike - the torque, the street fighter look, the sound etc. But I don't like the windblast at anything over 70 mph and lack of passenger comforts. A 200 mile trip sort of wears on me. I am 44 y/o. I know in my heart that the busa is not really the bike for me, but there is something that intrigues me about them.

Have any of you gone from a speed triple to a busa? Any regrets? If I get one I would mod it towards the sport touring direction, higher clip-ons, laminar lip, etc. Also with the right set-up can the busa be 2-up comfortable? Should I save up for the 08 Kawi Concours. lol

post-52-02136-welcome.gif

I can tell you that from a GSXR750 & and R1 to a busa there is a HUGE difference in comfort and wind deflection.

hi yes i came from a 1200 bandit never thought id find a replacement had it seven years went for some new spark plugs at local dealer and fell in love with a white le, awesome for sport touring modded it as much as budget will alow ( thing i liked about bandit modding bits) and im 45y/o think this one may last longer than seven years go for it.
beerchug.gif

You sound like a Busa guy- torque, sound etc!
biggrin.gif

This bike can be ridden all day, every day at high speed or low. Check out this site, this guy rides one for a living-

You won't need to do anything to the Busa to ride it all day. I had a Bandit and find the Busa way more long ride friendly. Only the most stubborn of say standard bike riders or ones with fused necks shun the Busa
rock.gif
beerchug.gif

Me and my girl have done 300+ miles on mine in a day. We're both a bit younger than you (mid 20s), but my body is pretty beat up and holds up pretty well. So I think it's ok 2 up.

Went from Buell to the Busa. You will like the wind protection especially with a double bubble windshield. Power and torque of course are much better with a Busa. Last big trip was about 400 miles or so for me.

I'am 59 yrs old, do alot of touring, but for 2 up, I reccomend you wait for the Concours. I think it's going to be THE BIKE to have for Sports Touring with your HONEY on the back
jump9.gif

lurk.gif
All the gals love the comfort of the Busa over the other bikes they've been on. I've never been on the back, but the rear seat looks to provide the same comfort the front one does for me.

Don't buy the Busa, it's addictive as crack, you'll never go back, help, please someone help me
laugh.gif

New_Image_4__Small_.JPG

(DaCol. @ Jul. 06 2007,13:20) I'am 59 yrs old, do alot of touring, but for 2 up, I reccomend you wait for the Concours. I think it's going to be THE BIKE to have for Sports Touring with your HONEY on the back
jump9.gif
ha ha ha- i'm the same age as you. new busa in may-1st time sport bike rider. last sunday took my wife on short ride (150 miles) to the top of cheaha mt. when we got there i got off and said:"what an awesome motorcycle"! to which she replied:"it might be awesome to you-but not for me"! i prefer the HARLEY! when we got home i put the hump back on and threw the rear seat in the trash. now i have the solo bike i've always wanted.
ices_rofl.gif

I was extremely pleased by how little windblast there was on my stock 2007 Hayabusa.  I came from a Suzuki DL650 V-Strom which has a ton of wind protection and a very large windshield.  I thought for sure, the tiny (relative to the V-Strom) windshield would never work for me.  Surprise, surprise!  I couldn't belive how nice it was.  I soon added Heli-bars risers, so that propped me up into the wind more than when the bars were stock.  Now I'm waiting on a Zero Gravity Double Bubble to see if that makes up the difference.  Even without the new Zero Gravity screen, it's still fine.  Just tuck down a bit and the air is as still as can be.

I forgot to add, I'm 6'2" if that helps you consider how the stock shield will do for you.

Back