Busa running better at 750 miles? or am I just

The Big Red One

Registered
I've been taking the boards advice and putting more stick to my Busa...and I'll be damned if she's not running wayyy better
tounge.gif
What a sweet ride today...I got the right wrist busy and man did the ole' Busa pull hard. I crossed an intersection sideways cause' I had the nerve to grab some big throttle in first
wow.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
She's running like a raped ape now...no more whining from me. And this is at 5000 feet of elevation....and stock. I can't wait to get down to sea level....and stick some pipes ect on her.....man its gonna be sweet!
drooling3.gif
I don't know if a new bike takes 6-700 miles to break in power wise or if I just had to get over my case of throttle-fearitis. Either way I'm one happy camper now...
jump9.gif
Thanks again for the help guys

tounge.gif

Great to hear! The 'Busa doesn't disappoint, but it does take some time to get really comfortable with her!

I'll guess the intimidation factor is fading a little bit.. Bike will just keep getting faster and faster, as you get more comfortable using that throttle with intent. A lot fo folks NEVER get past the intimidation, and they are still skeered of that go fast lever, so I'll say yeah your just getting more comfortable.

Should have felt a little better after your oil change at 600 miles as well, mine seemed to "Loosen up" pretty good over the first 1000 or so miles...

I didn't notice any power gains on my '01, but did think that the tranny got alot better after 1000 miles or so.....less balky, snicked into gear real nice...

I'm at 20,700 miles on my 03' and it seems to get a lil faster after every oil change:p

Seriously it seems to breath better and better. I think it's a matter of comfort and confidence in twisting the RIGHT WRIST.

I think its part me...learning how to twist my wrist a bit more..instead of babying the new bike, but I do also think its loosening up and getting a little more power. The motor was almost "too" quiet up to the 700 or so mile mark, but now its starting to make the "normal" engine sounds...which I think means she's loosening up a bit...kinda saying "I've held together this far np...now quit BABYING ME!!". So I think now the fun really starts
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

I don't doubt that she'll run even better after a few thousand miles on her. Modern bike engines are lasting more like car engines now....and every new car I've owned has taken 2400 miles or so it seemed to develope full power and run their best. This is gonna be good  
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: "slept through typing class..."|1097310167 -->

tounge.gif

I'm at 20,700 miles on my 03' and it seems to get a lil faster after every oil change:p

Seriously it seems to breath better and better.  I think it's a matter of comfort and confidence in twisting the RIGHT WRIST.
Dang, bro'! I see what you've been spending all your time doing! Get some!
biggrin.gif

Back