Cafe Racer Pt. 6 an undertail is born

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Now that I'm training to be a "long distance bicycle rider" I was too tired to do more than one thing to my Cafe Racer project today....but I did get the undertail installed.
The pics are lousy but in person, it looks amazing!
1st one is ....box cut
2nd one is ...wiring and heat shrinking connections
3rd and 4th ones are ....the new and SO CLEAN hind end.

I'm lovin it, more later.
Doyle

P1020987.JPG

P1020988.JPG

P1020989.JPG

P1020990.JPG

I can't wait till this is done !!!

How's the training going ? Can you really get ready for what you're about to do ??

I can't wait till this is done !!!

How's the training going ? Can you really get ready for what you're about to do ??

Well, like this morning I left at 6am and did a 45 mile loop from my house. It didn't feel too bad either until I remembered I'd be stringing 8 100 mile days together! I have 7 months to train so I'll make it happen. The most difficult part is earmarking time for training. My regular Busa, the Busa I'm building, the carport I want to build, my wife wants a bigger window in a bedroom, keeping the home looking nice, two teenage active daughters, oh yeah....and MY JOB!
A lot of stuff to do it all right! We all have those challenges, half the fun is proving to yourself that you can make it all happen without cutting corners on any single thing....remember the old saying, "once a hack, it's hard to go back". Whatever we do, it should be our best! Doyle

nice :bowdown:.. now stop taking pics & hurry up and finish it.. the suspense of having to wait for a finished product is killing me :thumbsup: eheheh just kidding of course.. do keep the pics coming my friend!

nice :bowdown:.. now stop taking pics & hurry up and finish it.. the suspense of having to wait for a finished product is killing me :thumbsup: eheheh just kidding of course.. do keep the pics coming my friend!

And of all people, you deserve pics the most! (does an ex Marine say Semper Fi to an Airborne dude?) maybe an euraw! The roads are waiting for your return. Doyle

Hotbodies tail? looks good regardless:beerchug:

Yep, I won it at the July Stampede....my regular Busa already has a custom tail so the prize stayed in the box until the surprise opportunity to buy Sigsauer's LE black Busa came up....then what a match! I was going to put a gsxr 1000 tail on but that look, in my opinion, looks nothing like a cafe racer and everything like a streetgfighter, which is not my objective....I just love the cleaned up Gen I rear and for me, it resembles the tails of early bikes like...Munch Mamouth, Norton John Player Special, Laverda Jota, Bimota DB-1 and other older exotics. There are plenty of fine looking streetfighters out there (Busas included), there are few modern, naked cafe racers and since they so define my early years in motorcycling, it's a natural for me to try and create one to honor those memories. Doyle

Back