CAM CHAIN TENSIONER

BUDDY

Registered
O.K. I'M CONVINCED I HAVE A 00 BUSA AND I AM
GOING TO PUT IN THE MANUAL TENSIONER. BUT HOW
LONG ON THE AVERAGE IS IT BEFORE YOU HAVE TO ADJUST IT?

I run the manual tentioner on a few of my bikes including my 00 Busa. You should get at least three to four thousand miles easy.

F*ckin great. I bought this bike to ride, not to wrench on! I don't even know WHERE the cam chain is, let alone how to replace the tensioner.

Will my extended warrantee cover any damaged parts as a result of cam chain tensioner failure?

Will the dealer install this APE manual tensioner your referring to?

Can anyone tell me the maximum sentence for walking in to the Suzuki dealer with a loaded shotgun and demanding my $12,000 back?

way things are going any breakdowns because of the recall + new tensioner is in over it's head will be cover by suzuki. i would highley recomend ever body get the warranty.

Wreak Havok, my bike is going in to Poway Motorcycle on Tuesday Aug 1st for the installation. It's a small shop with one very competent mechanic.(actually he is a machinist in addition to being a good mechanic) They will install my APE tensioner along with regular service at that time.

If you don't want to take it to a regular dealer, you could have them do yours after they do mine.

The manual tensioner only needs to be adjusted at normal oil change intervals according to the guys at Poway MC, unless you are into the rev limiter all of the time. Not that big a deal.

I have the extended warranty also, but with almost 18000 miles, I think I've pushed my luck far enough.

My e-mail is: dirvine@cts.com

[This message has been edited by SlowHand (edited 25 July 2000).]

Back