Can\'t break the busa in on the street...

OB_Joe P.

Registered
I have the 00' blu/sil busa....And I thought I broke it in on the street from some hard riding....But I brought the bike to dynojet and it was only pushing 157 hp at the rear wheel.They told me that to break in the bike properly you have to put the bike under a load....After doing this and putting on a full Yosh RS3 system and a PC2.I am now pushing 164.5 hp at the rear wheel.But now with that power boost I can't keep the rear wheel from spinning......I'm going with some Michelin pilot sports next.....Because there is nothing left of my stock tire.....Joe

I can't say I'm aware of any wheel spin on mine. I usually come out of the box pretty smooth, not ham fisted. I'm too scared I'll go over backwards.

Also:
Big difference in Dynos. Dyno Jet makes "accelerometers" Eddy current is a real Dynomometer, according to Motorctclist this mo. I put my 'bird on an Eddy current w/300mi. and it hurt the engine.

I think my Busa had about 120 miles on it the first time in went down the track. First pass out it ran a 10.12 @ 142...It's a proven fact if you break a motor in hard it will produce more horepower in the end. It seats the rings much better, just make sure you get a 100-200 on it nice and easy to break-in the bearings etc.

The highway is as good as a dyno for break in, rollons to redline followed by backloading from decelleration produce the same effect as dyno.
Watch out for the highwaymen though.

Back