Carbon fiber tank protector

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
looking for a real carbon (not carbon look) tank protector. any suggestions on who has the best product out there?

Looking for just a protector, not a cover or bra

The Suzuki Tank Pad fits well and looks good, but is not real Carbon Fibre I'm afraid.

Tank_Pad_sml.jpg

woah!!!!

I have a progrip one that looks like that.... I could never find a carbon look one that had hayabusa on it.... where do I get one??
wow.gif

I just ordered a chrome looking one that says Hayabusa on it without the Kanji. That one is pretty sweet though!

Matt, that tank pad looks pretty nice. Do you have to remove it to polish or do you polish over it?

I like the Suzuki "generic" pad, not the hayabusa specific one. Covers more area, but I don't believe that it is real carbon fiber, however. You can see it on my old '01 here...

hump.JPG

BILLBELL do you have any pics of the chrome one that you got? Or do you have a link as to where you got it?

What I want to find, is some real protection for my tank in Carbon fiber. Something thats a bit more than a "Crotch Pad". I have the Suzuki carbon Fiber Bra on my Busa now and I like it but I really want something thats adhesive so I do not have to worry about scratches on my tank.

What I want is a large carbon fibre shell like LP makes for Ducati... Something that would offer real protection and something to hold onto.... That is the one thing I really like about the Suzuki bra, give the thighs something to grip when getting over in the corners...

Carbon_Tank_shield.jpg

Here is Suzuki's Carbon Paneled Bra. The Carbon Panels are real carbon, bu it is hard to get all the wrinkles out and a perfectly smooth look... I am still fairly happy with it though and it's dirt cheap $25-30 from your dealer...

_Carbonbra.jpg

How do those rubber like pads attach? They don't actually glue on thus destroying your paint do they?

Revlis,
I like that bra...glad you mentioned the price since I was about to bid on one on ebay, last I looked it was up to $47. I'll check my dealer monday.

I just put the tankslappers on and I'm NOT impressed. I now know why all the pictures on their website used brightly colored tanks.
If I get that carbon bra I'll still leave the tank slappers on to keep the bra from hazing the paint over time.

Onieda Suzuki has a carbon fiber tank pad that has GSXR at the top and looks like a pro grip in style or like the one Matt posted above.

Kent

This is what I got a few weeks ago, real CF weave from company called Motrax (or something like that, threw the packaging and can't recall for now). It also comes in Titanium weave and another flavor. Cheers and pics below.
Jun

busapic8.jpg

I've heard that song before! It plays in my ear every night and then I wake up!

Back