chance of breaking 10\'s stock?

OB_NumbNuts

Registered
GSXRboy

I'm curious. You say 4krpm and dump clutch. Does the front come up at that?

I have NO MODS at all. been trying to launch at about 4500, motor bogs when clutch locks up.
Any comments??

Nuts ;)

Nuts - With that 8" Trac arm the front usually stays down, sometimes it will come up a touch but not for long. Anyhow I'm not sure why your motor would bog unless your not getting into the gas fast enough. When the 3rd yellow comes on my left hand lets the clutch go and my right twist the throttle as far as it can go. You just have to get the timing down pat. If you let the clutch go before you get into the gas you'll bog because you don't have the RPM's. Then if you get in the gas to much before the clutch engages you'll smoke the hell out of the tire or stand the bike straight up. Hope this helps a little...

hey gsxrboy, how much horse you pushin? have you rolled any stock ones on to see the advantage? i would like to see the differance in a roll from say 50 or 60mph.Just to see what im gonna be gettin.

i know i have been reading forever on the posts about dragracin the bus. i was wondering if you guys think it might be possible for my bike to run below 10's. (just a rough guess) i weigh 180lbs. have the brock clutch mod w/stiffer springs. I also have the schnitz adjustable lowering links. do those make a big diff. in stock settings? oh yeah, i consider myself a pretty consistent rider.any sugg. will help

Definately, I weight 180 and only have one tooth dropped in the front and I run 9.90's, the clutch mod should definately put you below the ten's.

With those mods, you should be easy 9's with a decent launch. If you can get in the 1.7's 60' time, you will easily run nines. If you can pull off anywhere in the low 1.6's, you should run 9.70's to 9.80's.

There is a local guy by me running 9.80's on a bone stock Busa. Just has the clutch mod and the bike lowered. Stock pipes, airbox, etc.

one question for you guys. how much of a diff. does it make in the e/t launching at 10,000 grand? im not to crazy on fryin the clutch up that much. i usually leave at like 5 or 6. i used to race a gs1100 dragbike. this thing is easier to drive fast than that! i will be going as soon as i get my countershaft support.

hey gsxrboy, do you go out to milan a lot. i am goin soon i hope (see above). what does your bike look like maybe ill see ya thier or ill post when im going and we can meet up.

c_rod2000 - 10k OHH MY GOD! I get my best 60' times when I leave at about 4k or a little less. At 10k you would have to ride the hell out of the clutch. When you leave at 4k you just dump and clutch and snap the throttle real fast. Anyhow I'm usually always out at Milan Wednesday, although I most likely won't make it out there this week. I'm still waiting on my new tire from Schnitz. My bike is Blue/Silver, polished, RC Chrome Tritons, 8" Trac Dynamics atm, Two Brothers Pipe, Blue Double Bubble, McIntosh chain guard, etc. You should me able to spot me pretty easy. If I don't make it this week I'll be out there for sure next week.

Yep, I installed that and a new Tsbuski HQR 530 chain on the bike before it had 100 miles on it. Just to be on the safe side.

Back